Operations Manager- Workforce Mgmt/Resource Planning
To oversee management of Retail Operations/Workforce management and related functions, including management of staff across business units, resource and contingency planning, and recommendations of process improvements/technology to improve or enhance contact center strategies in RIG..
Duties and Responsibilities
Manages staff. Provides guidance, coaching/development, and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures
- Adheres to all components and competencies outlined in Vanguard's Leadership Standard. Plays an active role in perpetuating a strong leadership culture to make Vanguard a best place to work and invest.
- Evaluates operations performance trends while applying thought leadership to identify strategic opportunities to improve or update work routing, employee skilling and resource sharing agreements between departments. Partners with Telecom, IT, and business leadership for execution.
- Partners and collaborates with the internal operational steering committee (team of senior leaders representing each sub-division) and internal functional subject matter experts to understand key strategic initiatives coupled with the broader divisional goals of the organization to provide guidance and consultation while defining service level hierarchy and resource sharing agreements to ensure operational efficiency and optimal client experience.
- Builds and maintains close working relationships with internal support groups and outside vendors and documents the success of these relationships through cost/benefit analysis.
- Maintains subject matter expertise for all operational technology including Genesys, Aspect, Datalink, Virtual Hold, AWD, and the Client Transition System.
- Attends conferences, seminars and leverages other contact center acumen to build relationships across industries and identify operations management best practices.
- Monitors weather, technology modifications and performance, market indicators, and all other forces that may negatively impact operational goals or the client experience.
- Maintains industry knowledge and keeps abreast of emerging contact center best practices.
- Ensure clients are efficiently and accurately enrolled into the appropriate service segment in accordance with business plans and goals.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, Advance degree in operations management, or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in staffing and resource management
- Master Black Belt or ability to attain within 1 year.
- Ability to build/design/buy new processes to increase accuracy and efficiency of forecasting processes
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities
- Understanding of the business and its' operations is preferred
- Strong executive presence and comfort with senior leadership
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top