Operations Manager, Mexico
The Operations Manager will oversee operations, shared services. and external providers for the Mexico business including but not limited to funds financials, custody and administration, IT delivery, regulatory reporting, and onboarding of advisory clients.. The role liaises with the appropriate shared service functions to ensure the integrity of financial information, comply with regulatory requirements and meet business needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides overall management of the Mexican ETFs/Funds, which includes: managing the relationship with outside vendors such as custodian, fund accounting, exchanges, etc., works closely with global shared services functions to ensure the integrity of legal entity, fund financials, tax returns and any financial documents required by regulators or governments. and communication to the market, and continual improvement in processes and reporting, ensures all functions are performed in an accurate and timely manner. Liaises with internal and external audit.
- Assumes primary responsibility for onboarding and monitoring new advisory clients, working closely with Legal and Compliance with respect to all regulatory requirements and reporting. Continual improvement in processes and reporting, working closely with Sales, Marketing and Investment Strategy.
- Drive improvements of management, project and rolling forecast reports, including the development of relevant KPI's, both for ETFs/Funds and advisory services; with particular focus on financial and performance management.
- Develops and produces the Quarterly Business Reviews. Ensures that critical business information is distilled to an appropriate level focusing on the communication of key messages.
- Assumes primary responsibility for ongoing operational support of the Canadian business. Primary contact within VIGM for operational issues at external vendors or internal Vanguard work teams.
- Works with Compliance to ensure proper oversight of external vendors as well as service providers from VGIM.
- Reviews and monitors relevant legislation and regulatory pronouncements to ensure compliance with current requirements and potential future impact.
- Leads / participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (in accounting or finance preferred) or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the industry, with an emphasis in fund financial, operations and /or ETFs
- Demonstrated ability to function in a high volume/fast paced environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Comprehensive understanding of broad financial concepts including accounting, finance and ETFs/funds.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills/presentation skills.
- Excellent Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Good understanding of the Mexican asset management industry, it's products and regulation.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external clients.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with senior management as well as various levels of staff and management across the organization.
- Ability to take on and successfully lead/participate in corporate citizenship initiatives
Back to top