Network Operations Center (NOC) Analyst III
Provides tier 2 operations support which includes identifying, resolving or escalating hardware and/or software issues that span multiple technology domains; primarily focused in the data network infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This staff member completes the following activities using comprehensive technical knowledge of distributed, mainframe and networking platforms:
1. Monitors and supports multiple technology domains/platforms through the use of monitoring tools and applications.
2. Identifies, diagnoses and resolves system alerts and time sensitive events that could impact system availability leveraging an escalation path when appropriate.
3. Addresses work requests in accordance with established service level commitments.
4. Adjusts workloads of the operating environment to provide optimum resources to applications, system jobs and testing.
5. Responds to system failures and works with support or vendor teams to minimize business impact.
6. Writes and maintains documentation for the IOPS organization.
7. Trains and mentors staff and IT project teams providing guidance and consultation as required.
8. Administers systems by actively managing patching, routine maintenance and backups to include the scheduling and execution of related tasks.
9. Participates in all meetings related to change, incident or problem management
10. Identifies performance issues and trends impacting system availability or expected behavior and work to incorporate them into the problem management process.
11. Identifies opportunities for improvement and participate in projects to enhance the operation.
12. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 0-2yrs experience working in Network Operations Center (NOC).
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of the following practices and concepts: Service level agreements, technical standards and deliverables, event triage and troubleshooting techniques, log files, network protocols.
- Working knowledge of multiple IT platforms: AS/400, IBM mainframe, distributed systems, OS/390.
- Working knowledge of current versions of the following products: Microsoft Office Suite, Visio.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Additional Job Description:
This is a new position being established to form a new IOPS team in Charlotte, NC. This position is located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Experience with the following:
- Products: ServiceNow, Omnibus
- OS: Brocade, Cisco IOS,
- Hardware: Brocade & Cisco Routers and Switches, F5 Load Balancers
- Technology: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Layer 3 network routing protocols OSPF, Active Directory
- Skills: ITIL best practices
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top