Network Engineer - Remote Services
Vanguard's Mobility Services team is looking for a knowledgeable network engineer to analyze security designs, engineer solutions, develop deployment strategies, and document technical direction for its remote services applications. This individual will provide project direction, perform configuration and maintenance, and assist with network problem determination services primarily for SSL VPN and F5 services. Opportunities to develop your network services exposure as well as familiarity with other remote services support knowledge will be expected.
1. Provides senior level telecom network services, including installing, configuring, and integrating new network technologies. Obtains project approval and funding. Identifies stake holders and forms project team. Conducts pilot and recommends go/no go decision. Verifies network installations meet Production acceptance standards.
2. Provides project leadership for network design and installation projects using standard technologies.
3. Provides senior level Tier 3 telecom network services for complex issues elevated from the Support Center and Technical Services groups. Identifies failing components.
4. Provides senior level network design and debugging services to development teams. Works closely with developers to implement reliable, manageable, and secure solutions for external connections.
5. Identifies performance issues, interprets trends (e.g., traces of network traffic), and implements improvements.
6. Writes documentation, including policies and procedures. Creates diagrams, including network designs.
7. Adds, updates, and closes records in the IT Problem Management and Change Management databases.
8. Trains and mentors staff. Conducts formal training sessions, one-on-one sessions, and recommends training vendors. Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues.
9. Completes network capacity planning activities, including monitoring the network and tracking network capacity metrics. Initiates actions to prevent network degradation caused by capacity issues.
10. Identifies opportunities to automate manual system tasks.
11. Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures.
12. Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience. Five years' network technician experience. Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills. Strong analysis and problem solving skills. Strong project leadership skills. Advanced knowledge of the following telecom network practices and concepts: network architecture design, technical standards and deliverables, troubleshooting tools (e.g., line analyzers, breakout boxes, and network traces), software and hardware installation and configuration, network hardware, protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DLC, and ASYNC). Advanced knowledge of multiple IT platforms: AS/400, Client/server, IBM mainframe, Microsoft Windows NT, OS/390, Routers and switches, UNIX. Advanced knowledge of current versions of the following products: Cisco IOS, Concord, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Suite, Netsys, Sniffer, Visio. Certifications - holds one of the certificates below or has the ability to attain within 12 months of hire date: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certificate, Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certificate. Certifications - holds the one of the certificates below or has the ability to attain within 12 months of hire date, preferred: Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) or an equivalent advanced Cisco network certificate.
This individual will provides support large scale network installations including software, patches, upgrades, applications, and/or hardware operating on one or more systems. Specifically, the person hired will:
- Engineer solutions to SSL VPN security requests in a timely manner while meeting business needs and maintaining network security and risk management policies.
- Analyze new application data flows and designs for SSL VPN, F5 and firewall policies that support application requirements, adhere to security practices, and meet project timelines.
- Build, tests, deploys, analyzes, administers, and maintains enterprise F5 Platforms with a focus on Reverse Proxy, Authentication, Monitoring, & Protection (RAMP) services.
- Configure, conducts, and manages the F5 DNS, ASM, APM, and LTM modules.
- Develop and maintains customized F5 iRules and scripts.
- Identifies opportunities to automate manual system tasks.
Remote and off-hours support is required for deployments, upgrades, and on-call support.
One position is available. Crew in PA, NC or AZ may apply.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top