Network Engineer - Palo Alto Firewall
Telecom Network Engineer to support network and firewall build-out's associated with a security program to segment network. This position requires experience / knowledge with next generation network firewalls, with Palo Alto. Candidate should posses an excellent understanding of rule definition and traffic analysis to create and validate rules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides intermediate level telecom network services, including supporting large scale network installations. Installs and configures standard network infrastructure, including software, patches, upgrades, applications, and/or hardware operating on one or more systems. Runs network configuration changes through the network modeling software and corrects errors.
- Provides intermediate level Tier 3 telecom network services for issues elevated from the Support Center and Technical Services groups. Identifies failing components.
- Identifies performance issues and interprets trends (e.g., traces of network traffic).
- Adds, updates, and closes records in the IT Problem Management and Change Management databases. Monitors records to ensure status are accurate and complete, and actions are on target. Reviews related records to identify requests that may have an impact on the network.
- Participates in change management meetings.
- Writes documentation, including policies and procedures. Creates diagrams, including network designs. Administers the telecom network documentation repository.
- Trains and mentors staff. Conducts formal training sessions and recommends training vendors. Troubleshoots and resolves issues.
- Identifies opportunities to automate manual system tasks.
- Complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Complies with Information Security policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' network experience, with 2 years in firewall technologies; preferably Palo Alto.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
High-Level understanding of the following telecom network practices and concepts: troubleshooting tools:
Packet capture analysis, network hardware and protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DLC, and ASYNC).
Intermediate knowledge of current versions of the following products:
Cisco iOS, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Suite, Netsys, Sniffer, Visio, WireShark.
Palo Alto Certifications and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certificate not required, but preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top