As a member of the Global Investment Systems sub-division, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with your peers and the business to help shape the direction of the organization into the 21st century. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for the investment management industry, who love to learn, and are eager to spread their ideas and passion, while leaving their mark. This is the place you want to be if you desire an experience where you can have a positive impact by building partnerships to forge a new future through innovation, experimentation, and collaboration.
This position is looking for candidates who can provide expert level telecommunications and network services, including designing, installing, configuring and integrating new network technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides expert level telecom network services, including designing, installing, configuring, and integrating new network technologies. Obtains project approval and funding. Identifies stake holders and forms project team. Conducts pilot and recommends go/no go decision. Verifies network installations meet production acceptance standards.
2. Tests and evaluates IT vendor products. Recommends vendor selections and new network architecture for building sites in the United States as well as international locations.
3. Provides expert level Tier 3 telecom network services for the most complex issues elevated from the Support Center and Technical Services groups. Troubleshoots and resolves chronic and catastrophic problems.
4. Identifies performance issues, interprets trends (e.g., traces of network traffic), and implements improvements.
5. Writes documentation, including policies and procedures.
6. Troubleshoots and resolves the most complex network issues.
7. Facilitates network traffic, security, systems monitoring and related discussions with IT and business managers.
8. Provides expert level network design and debugging services to development teams. Works closely with project managers and developers to implement reliable, manageable, and secure solutions for external connections.
9. Trains and mentors staff. Conducts formal training sessions, one-on-one sessions, and recommends training vendors.
10. Completes network capacity planning activities, including monitoring the network and establishing network capacity metrics. Initiates actions to prevent network degradation caused by capacity issues.
11. Identifies opportunities to automate manual system tasks.
12. Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures.
13. SME in creation of VLAN, debugging network issues
14. Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Eight years' experience in as a network technician, including expert knowledge of the following telecom network practices and concepts: network security, network architecture design, technical standards and deliverables, troubleshooting tools (e.g., protocol analyzers, load generators, and network traces), software and hardware installation and configuration, network hardware, protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DLC, OSPF, and BGP).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, along with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Expert knowledge of multiple IT Platforms: AS/400, Client/server, IBM Mainframe, Cisco routers and switches, UNIX, F5 Networks BIG-IP, DataPower XI50 Integration Appliance.
- Expert knowledge of current versions of the following products: Cisco IOS, Concord, Microsoft Office Suite, Network General Sniffer, Visio, F5 Networks GTM/LTM, DataPower XI50
- Expert knowledge pf current versions of networking products and platforms
- Certifications - holds one of the certificates below or has the ability to attain within 12 months of hire date: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certificate, Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certificate, Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) or equivalent advanced Cisco network certificate.
- Certifications - holds the certificate or has the ability to attain within 12 months of hire date, preferred: Cisco Certified Internetwork Engineer (CCIE) certificate.
Remote and off hours support may be needed.
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top