Network Analyst - Technology Operations
To provide entry level telecommunications network services, including administering, monitoring, documenting, installing, and configuring basic network systems. To provide first level network problem determination services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides entry level telecom network services, including administering, monitoring, documenting, installing, and configuring basic network systems. Assigns IP addresses and makes DNS changes. Completes IOS upgrades.
- Adds, updates, and closes records in the IT Problem Management and Change Management databases. Monitors records to ensure status are accurate and complete, and actions are on target. Reviews related records to identify requests that may have an impact on the network. Participates in change management meetings.
- Learns to maintain and monitor network system performance. Identifies performance issues and trends (e.g., captures traces of network traffic).
- Provides entry level Tier 1 telecom network services for basic issues elevated from the Support Center and Technical Services groups. Troubleshoots and resolves basic issues.
- Updates documentation, including procedures and checklists. Updates diagrams, including network design changes. Maintains and administers the telecom network documentation repository.
- Creates daily standard and ad hoc reports of significant network trends.
- Learns to install and configure network systems. Tests configuration changes in the staging area or in the network modeling software. Learns basic product installation procedures and installs software, patches, upgrades, applications, and/or hardware operating on one or more systems.
- Learns to identify opportunities to automate manual system tasks. Administers the network spare parts inventory.
- Learns and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Learns and complies with Information Security policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- One to two years' general business experience, including zero to one year network or LAN administration experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good analysis and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of the following telecom network practices and concepts: network hardware, network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DLC, and ASYNC).
- Working knowledge of one or more IT platforms: AS/400, Client/server, IBM mainframe, Microsoft Windows NT, OS/390, Routers and switches, UNIX.
- Working knowledge of current versions of the following products: Microsoft Office Suite, Visio.
- Working knowledge of current versions of the following products, preferred: Lotus Notes
- Certifications - Holds the following certificate or has the ability to attain within 12 months of hire date, preferred: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certificate
- Ability to work alone in a secured building during off hours
- Weekday and weekend coverage: Regular, rotating, or flexible 5-, 4-, or 3-day week, Mon. - Sun. (24 x 7 operations). See additional information for the specific requirements for this posting
- Remote and off hours support: On-site network installations and upgrades are scheduled for off hours (e.g., midnight)
Vanguard does not offer visa sponsorship for this position
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top