Netcentric / Cloud Developer
This particular role is exciting because it will be shaping/leading our efforts to migrate our Cloud Friendly Applications (CFAs) to Amazon Web Services (AWS) for the Institutional Systems division. The role also provides an opportunity for good visibility as it will be a key component with our IT strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports. Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
- Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Thoroughly understands software development methodology. Thoroughly understands architecture standards. Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves issues elevated from staff with less experience.
- Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients.
- Performs systems analysis, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
- Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer may write these items.
- Is highly functional on large, matrixed project teams. Interfaces with cross functional team members, including database administrator, IT security, project manager, technical writer, and clients. Communicates systems issues at the appropriate technical level for each audience.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 5 years developer or systems analyst experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Production acceptance, including elevations and change management.
- Prior application development experience on AWS
- Prior migration experience with AWS
- Strong analysis and design skills
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top