Job Description Summary
As a member of the Global Investment Systems sub-division, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with your peers and the business to help shape the direction of the organization into the 21st century. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for the investment management industry, who love to learn, and are eager to spread their ideas and passion, while leaving their mark. This is the place you want to be if you desire an experience where you can have a positive impact by building partnerships to forge a new future through innovation, experimentation, and collaboration.
This position is for a highly visible project to enhance the investment management IT Support Operating model, establish a proactive monitoring support model, and stabilize the investment management environment. We are seeking candidates with extensive knowledge with Windows and Linux infrastructure automation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and
databases for client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
- Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement
projects for internal clients. Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured,
backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, appropriate
test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports. Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure
tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
- Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up
Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Thoroughly understands software development methodology. Thoroughly understands architecture standards.
Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves issues elevated from staff with less experience.
- Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Explains technical
considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients.
- Performs systems analysis, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and
logical and physical design.
- Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the
system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer
may write these items.
- Thoroughly understands client business functions and technology needs. Has a broad understanding of
Vanguard's technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems.
- Is highly functional on large, matrixed project teams. Interfaces with cross functional team members, including
database administrator, IT security, project manager, technical writer, and clients. Communicates systems issues
at the appropriate technical level for each audience.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and
productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones. Thoroughly understands and
complies with all Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 5 years developer or systems analyst experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Must have experience with Splunk Integration and ITSI
- Strong scripting (Perl, Powershell, Python), along with experience with AWS needed.
- Experience with Automation tools such as Ansible and Puppet are required.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top