Mobile Developer - Philadelphia Innovation Center
To provide intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for mainframe-, client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based systems, under supervision of a more senior developer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses a development background in both iOS and Android mobile applications
- Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports. Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
- Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Follows software development methodology. Follows architecture standards.
- Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Participates in other meetings, such as those for use case creation.
- Participates in systems analysis activities, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
- Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables, including the Version Description Document. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g.,systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer may write these items.
- Understands client business functions and technology needs. Understands Vanguard's tools, technologies, and applications/databases, including those that interface with business area and systems.
- Complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones. Complies with all Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent training along with at least 3+ years of working experience
- Strong experience in both IOS and Android Development
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top