Microsoft Dynamics Product Test Engineer
To use their knowledge of the organization's technology infrastructure, broad business process and product domain knowledge to help the business define and implement business value through technology. Improve the quality and efficiency of the software development project team in defining what to build and that it was built right, by effectively facilitating collaborations sessions, managing a comprehensive test strategy , validating test scenarios and the communicating the impact to existing "products" to the entire team through accurate documentation. This staff member completes the following activities at an intermediate level of expertise under regular direction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides intermediate level of expertise. Builds effective relationships with the project's business lead ensuring a collaborative environment is established. Applies elicitation techniques, utilizes various modeling techniques such as process modeling, data modeling, system modeling, example mapping, to gather information at the right level of detail and scope to represent all of the stakeholder's needs, and the ability to ask questions that lead to a succinct understanding of the business.
- Supports and leads analysis, design and preparation of application/system specifications for information systems solutions which address business needs and methods for testing and installing them. Organizes, optimizes and sustains ATTD and project artifacts that define product baseline.
- Authors the project's Test Strategy, as warranted, during the project's planning phase or Sprint 0 and leads design and implementation of a detailed systems test plan to ensure an accurate and effective product. Applies Risk assessment methods to identify risk, probability, impact, and mitigate approaches.
- Ensures the test approach, for every functional requirement/story, is captured in the Feature Files or in Given, When, Then format. Challenges the team to automate testing at the lowest possible level ( unit, integration, or End-to-End).
- Collaborates with the team to develop and execute manual End-to-End test cases , and exploratory tests following the Test Case standards.
- Supports Developers & Automation Engineers scripting the automated tests at ALL levels of the "test pyramid" (i.e. – Unit, Integration, and End-to-End system tests); may participate in the automated test code reviews.
- Leverages current the tool(s) and technique(s) used to automate acceptance tests and link them to requirements key controls (E. g – Cucumber) .
- Assists the Developers & Automation Engineers identifying and/or provisioning system test data using homegrown tools or vendor products.
- Conducts research on emerging technologies, tools & techniques to efficiently certify software systems. Participates in initiatives to deepen Shift Left maturity across their division
- Trains and mentors other team members. Sustains an ongoing investment in business acumen and product domain knowledge to ensure business needs are met for your project.
- Optimizes Gold regression test suite, Identifies opportunities and defines a strategy to automate existing manual test cases; Works with other teams to optimize testing across products.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- BS (Bachelor of Science) in Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years of business analysis experience, including 3-5 yrs of relevant testing experience, both manual and/or automated testing
- Good facilitation and elicitation skills, Strong interviewing, probing, influence skill, Active listener, strong interpreter and sharer of information.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communications skills, both written & verbal
- Broad business process and product domain knowledge. Strong knowledge of the Finance/Investment Management industry
- Good knowledge of Agile/Lean software development principals
- Excellent skills with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Working knowledge with several testing and collaboration tools or equivalent; Jira, Cucumber, Selenium, Appium, LeanFT, Protractor
- Commitment to delivering the highest quality software systems on behalf of our clients
- Proficient organizational and project management skills
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top