MBA Internship - IM
- Malvern, PA
Shape the future of investing
Complement your education with real-world experience in the summer of 2021. Vanguard's MBA Summer Internship Program - Investment Management Track is an opportunity to use your real passion for investments to directly impact the financial future of our investors. Here, you can influence strategic decisions at one of the worlds' leading investment firms. While we provide a summer assignment and the tools for success, you'll figure out how to use them and make your summer count.
During the summer you will:
- You will experience first-hand our culture of continual growth, learning directly from world-class investment professionals while being exposed to the breadth and depth of our global investment, corporate strategy and investment strategy teams
- You will engage in a high-impact strategic assignment in one of our key business, helping to meet the financial needs of our investors
- You will identify critical insights for Vanguard to help drive our business forward
- You will receive rigorous coaching and mentorship from an MBA program manager and a senior department management to help prepare you for a leadership role
- You will connect with a robust alumni network who share your belief of doing what's right for our clients
Step forward with a global market leader
Are you a highly motivated individual with a solid foundation in investments, a curious mind and goal to actively improve yourself? Then use your mental agility and resourcefulness to advance our mission - standing up for over twenty million clients worldwide. Here, you'll regularly tackle business challenges in a dynamic industry, using your abilities to make real impact - driving initiatives forward in a team environment with a strong desire to collaborate with others. If you are intrepid, ambitious and unafraid to build your own path, then you're exactly who we're looking for.
What it takes
- You have an undergraduate degree and current enrollment in an MBA program.
- You have a minimum of 5 years work experience post undergrad reflecting a progression of increased responsibilities and impact, including exposure to investment management, strategy, stakeholder management, or business analytics.
- You have a comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to explore a variety of challenges and pivot as needed.
- You have a deep interest and understanding of financial markets.
Specializations that will make an impact
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Clear, articulate communicator, comfort making brave decisions with an ability to collaboratively influence and effectively interact at all levels, both internally and externally in a matrixed environment.
- CFA, or progress towards CFA, highly preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with R, python, SQL preferred but not required
- The start date for this program will be May/June 2021
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
- Upon successful completion of the internship, interns will be considered for full-time program offers based on interest and business needs.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top