MBA Internship - General Management
- Malvern, PA
Shape the Future of Investing
Complement your education with real-world experience in the summer of 2021. Vanguard's MBA summer internship program isn't just a chance to advance your leadership abilities: it's an opportunity to impact the financial future of our investors. Here, you can influence strategic decisions at one of the worlds' leading investment firms. While we provide a summer assignment and the tools for success, you'll determine how to use them and make your summer count.
In this program you will:
- Engage in high-impact strategic assignments, across different areas of the business, to help meet the financial needs of our investors
- Change the way people invest by seizing new opportunities and identifying critical insights for Vanguard
- Receive rigorous coaching and mentorship from Vanguard's senior management to prepare you for a leadership role
- Integrate into a robust alumni network who share your belief of doing what's right for our clients
- Define your journey to success as this role is different for every intern
Step forward with a global market leader
Are you a highly motivated individual with a curious mind and desire to actively improve yourself? Then use your mental agility and resourcefulness to advance our mission - standing up for over twenty million clients worldwide. Here, you'll regularly take on a variety of challenges in a dynamic industry, using your abilities to make real leadership impact - driving initiatives forward in a team environment with a strong desire to develop others. If you are intrepid, ambitious and unafraid to create your own path, then you are exactly who we're looking for.
What it takes
- You have an undergraduate degree and current enrollment in an MBA program.
- You have a minimum of 5 years work experience post undergrad reflecting a progression of increased responsibilities and impact, including exposure to strategy, stakeholder management, or business analytics.
- You have comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to explore a variety of challenges and pivot as needed.
- You have a deep curiosity and interest in investment management.
- You have demonstrated agility in learning.
- You have excellent relationship management skills.
- You are a clear, articulate communicator, have comfort making brave decisions with an ability to collaboratively influence and effectively interact at all levels, both internally and externally in a matrixed environment.
- The start date for this program will be summer 2021.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
- Upon successful completion of the internship, interns will be considered for full-time program offers based on interest and business needs.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top