MBA Internship - General Management
Complement your education with real-world experience
MBA Summer Internship Program
A MBA can open the door to a rewarding and fulfilling career. As a MBA student, you’ve learned about strategic thinking and creative problem-solving. Vanguard can help you take your education even further with the MBA Summer Internship Program.
The program is available to full-time, first-year MBA students who want a challenging internship that builds critical thinking and leadership skills. You’ll be welcomed into a diverse, collaborative environment that provides real-world experience, along with an introduction to a network of professionals across our organization.
By completing our program, you’ll return to finish your MBA refreshed, knowledgeable, and with a priceless initiation into the financial industry.
About the program
The MBA Summer Internship Program is a full-time, paid program that provides exposure to different aspects of the financial industry, such as investment acumen, risk and compliance, project planning, data management, and client relationship management.
The structure of the program allows you to work on strategic projects and initiatives both independently, and with peers, experts and leaders. We’ll immerse you in various challenges, expand your expertise in a particular discipline, and help you develop a broad understanding of our business.
Internship placement is based on your area of concentration, strengths, interests, and business need. Typical areas of concentration for MBA candidates are general management or investment management and past internship projects have encompassed portfolio construction strategy, portfolio and economic risk, project management, data analysis, operations, marketing and client engagement to name a few.
To ensure your success, you will receive the following support:
- Exposure to diverse business units and their unique processes.
- Opportunities to assess and enhance your critical thinking and leadership skills.
- Networking events with peers, leaders and experts.
- Advice on future opportunities to further your career.
The MBA Summer Internship Program is viewed as a primary feeder for Vanguard’s MBA Development Program, a rotational program for those who have obtained their MBA.
Ideal candidates are full-time, first-year MBA students who possess:
- Preferred cumulative undergraduate and graduate GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Minimum three years prior work experience required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred for general management path.
- Previous investment management experience preferred for investment path.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid leadership and project management skills.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result
Back to top