MBA Development Program - General Management
Vanguard strives to prepare our crew for roles that align to their abilities and interests, where they will have the greatest impact to our organization and ultimately, our clients. To drive this culture of continual growth, we offer the MBA Development Program, for current MBA students looking to accelerate their career trajectory with Vanguard. In this highly visible rotational program, you’ll have the opportunity to influence strategic organizational initiatives and work on meaningful assignments that drive our business forward.
About the program
Program participants will use conceptual thinking, problem solving, and relationship management skills during high-impact strategic assignments over three 5 month rotations. Some examples of where past participants have rotated include the following departments:
- Client Insight and Data Analytics
- Retail and Institutional Sales
- Personal Advisor Services
- Financial Advisory Services
- Enterprise Risk Management
During these rotations, you’ll conduct research, analyze and synthesize information to derive key insights, and identify opportunities for the business and Vanguard. Past program participants have launched into roles including some of the following:
- Senior Strategy Analyst
- Manager, International Business Growth Initiatives
- Compliance Project Manager, Fund & Advisor
- Relationship Manager, Institutional Sales
- Engagement Lead, Organizational Consulting Services
To ensure your success, you will receive the following support:
- Mentoring relationships with members of senior management.
- Exposure to diverse departments and challenging assignments.
- Opportunities to apply conceptual thinking, leadership impact and strategic agility.
- Ongoing training opportunities that align with each rotational assignment.
- Rigorous coaching and development from Vanguard’s key executives.
- Access to an intimate alumni network of nearly 75 past program participants.
- An undergraduate degree and MBA are required.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior work experience required, including relevant exposure to strategy, consulting, business analysis, investment management, and leadership.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to explore a variety of business challenges.
- Deep curiosity and interest in financial services, Vanguard’s investment philosophy, products and services, and global leadership.
- Demonstrated agility in learning.
- Excellent relationship management skills; ability to work with peers and leaders in a matrix environment, and on project teams with many partners and stakeholders.
- Strong communication, impact, and influence skills; ability to effectively interact at all levels, both internally and externally.
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top