Marketing Writer, Financial Advisory Services
As a client-focused company, we take pride in having helped millions of clients accomplish their financial goals. Vanguard crew are driven to inspire, inform, and educate clients so they can cut through market noise and make the best choice for investment success. We're currently seeking B2B Marketing Writers to help us tell the Vanguard story to the advisor marketplace– and what it means to their business and their clients.
The ideal candidate has a intimate knowledge of financial topics, works effectively across various mediums—presentations, multimedia, print, web, and social media – and prefers a highly collaborative environment. As a Writer in Financial Advisory Services, you'll benefit from career development opportunities, a policy of promoting from within, and workplace flexibility. In addition to gaining a stimulating and prominent role, you'll be part of a company where doing the right thing isn't just a tagline, it's our passion.
Please include samples of your work or a link to your portfolio with your application.
- Collaborates with creative teams to produce complex or high-profile B2B materials that support strategic initiatives.
- Researches and writes original marketing materials in the accepted Vanguard writing style. Incorporates in-depth knowledge on investments, Vanguard funds, Vanguard services, the competitive landscape, and/or on-line communication media. Researches new topics as necessary.
- Provides clients with draft copy that is complete, concise and accurate.
- Demonstrates initiative and creativity in identifying and meeting client needs. Is able to work with the internal team to develop and execute creative, "out of the box" ideas where appropriate.
- Works with creative team and clients to ensure that all internal and external client and production deadlines are met.
- Responds to edits and changes from reviewers with flexibility, while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Serves as mentor to less experienced writers by providing specific feedback on their copy, story ideas, and interviewing skills.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree (Major in English, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or Technical Writing preferred) or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years of specifically related experience, with demonstrated excellence in writing.
- In-depth knowledge in relevant discipline.
- Aptitude for using computer-based communication tools and for learning new technologies.
- Experience working with the design and print production process preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex subject matter in plain English.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write quickly and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Occasional extended work-time required to meet print deadlines.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top