Manager of Risk Insights and Project Management
Position will lead a team responsible for developing, measuring and communicating key risk indicators (KRIs), conducting prescriptive/predictive analytics to identify risk trends and changing exposures, and managing projects focused implementing or enhancing risk mitigation plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hires and Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Works with relevant stakeholders to determine the scope, requirements and solutions for managing risk mitigation projects o improve FAS' risk posture. Either conducts or assigns others to conduct risk assessments related to material projects as part of the go/no-go stage and during the project to help ensure success of the initiative and ensures FAS' risk mitigation project management practices to align with industry best practices.
- Lead a team that designs and builds out capabilities to collect, aggregate and analyze risk data, and deliver meaningful risk insights that reflect FAS' risk posture through executive scorecards and Key Risk Indicator (KRI) metrics. Such insights support focused decision making, oversight and awareness by FAS Risk Council, ERM, Boards and executive audiences.
- Provide thought leadership as it relates to the evolution and maturity of the FAS Risk Management function.
- Either conducts or assigns others to conduct risk assessments related to material projects as part of the go/no-go stage and during the project to help ensure success of the initiative.
- Partners with Legal, Compliance, Enterprise Risk, and Audit to develop processes for identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring and reporting on key business risks, effectiveness of controls and ensuring business practices comply with applicable regulations.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree and/or Professional Certification (CFA or MBA) preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of Risk, Compliance, Analytics/Measurement, and project management experience preferred.
- Minimum of five years related management experience with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Industry-wide knowledge of the Asset Management landscape preferred.
- A strong understanding of business intelligence/measurement/reporting and other related data technologies to meet business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data to draw conclusions and utilize to develop innovative solutions to complex business problems.
- Strong communication and influencing skills; ability to navigate, persuade and build consensus across constituents.
- Good business judgment and ability to quickly prioritize critical initiatives.
- Be a self-starter, open-minded, desire to drive change and improve current standards.
- Ability to work through
- others and achieve impactful results in dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top