Manager, IT Infrastructure Operations
The IOPS Team manager will be responsible for leading an operational support staff that works to provide "white-glove" support to the trading floor. The manager must be a motivated leader that acts as liaison with business stakeholders and organizational leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, trains, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with Vanguard policies and procedures.
- Works closely with management to develop and implement staffing and operational plans. Participates in the development of short and long term department goals.
- Ensures staff complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable them to meet established client service levels. Ensures staff complies with HR and Information security policy and procedures.
- Assumes incident ownership and represents the IOPS organization through the incident management process.
- Oversees the establishment and maintains communication with vendors during incident and problem management engagements.
- Presents project status, metrics, and department initiatives at meetings with management and project peers.
- Ensures post incident review actions are documented and all opportunities for improvement are identified when encountered. Leads quality initiatives to improve the delivery of organizational services.
- Manages special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in managing team.
- Minimum of 5+ years related technical business experience
- Proven track record of training, coaching, motivating, and mentoring staff. Leadership experience preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including interviewing and presentation skills.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry a plus
- Strong working knowledge of ITIL process framework.
- Strong working knowledge of multiple IT platforms (i.e. Windows, Linux/Unix, Network, Mainframe).
- Strong working knowledge of current versions of the Microsoft Office product suite.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position*.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top