Manager Fraud Team
Vanguard one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Fraud Team Manager to manage a team of fraud analysts and fraud investigators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training, and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends merit increases in accordance with applicable Human Resources policies and procedures. Interview, hires, counsels and terminates staff, as needed.
- Takes a lead role in proactively managing the team responsible for the analysis of fraud intelligence, with an objective of preventing and detecting fraud attempts before they come to fruition and lead to firm and/or client losses.
- Participates with the Business Units (Retail and Institutional), Enterprise Risk and Control, Internal Audit, Information Technology, Information Security, Client Insight and other stakeholders in evaluating fraud prevention / detection systems, solutions, and reports, including working through complex situations and identifying practical solutions. Provides regular updates, both formally and informally, to senior management on the status of Vanguard’s intelligence-led fraud prevention and detection activities.
- Takes a lead role in creating and implementing solutions to prevent fraud at Vanguard based on fraud intelligence analyses. Solutions will be via automation and/or improvements to controls in business processes. Works closely with the Business Units, Legal, Compliance, Information Technology, etc. to recommend and implement fraud prevention and detection measures and controls.
- Establishes a network of contacts, both internally and externally, to gather, exchange, share, and execute on actionable fraud intelligence to best protect Vanguard and client assets from fraud. Contacts include colleague fraud analysts and investigators in financial services, law enforcement, academia, and public-private partnerships. Proactively works to develop those relationships with the intent of gaining intelligence to further improve fraud prevention measures across Vanguard.
- Takes a lead role in managing multiple sources of fraud intelligence, such as the Fraud Hotline, Fraud Email, CyFin reporting, Peer Intelligence, Mariner alerting, Client Insight reporting, etc., effectively triaging such intelligence based on its credibility, time-sensitivity, and actionability. Takes a lead role in the analysis of fraud intelligence for its impact on Vanguard’s fraud prevention and detection efforts.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Ten plus years of state or federal investigative law enforcement experience with an emphasis on economic crimes, white collar crime, financial institution fraud, cybercrime and major corporate fraud is preferred and/or comparable corporate fraud investigative experience in the financial industry.
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) certification or ability to obtain certification within 1 year of employment.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills – keen ability to connect discrete data points and exercise insight in spotting trends as demonstrated through experience in proactively preventing and detecting fraud attempts.
- Extensive experience with data analysis tools
- Perspective, flexibility, and sound judgment in evaluating trends/issues/problems.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints with composure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong data presentation skills.
- Participation in fraud prevention/detection professional organizations, peer groups, and public/private partnerships.
- Past people leadership experience preferred.
- May be required to be on call, and to work occasional weekend/holiday/evening hours.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
Back to top