Machine Learning Engineer
Vanguard's Center for Analytics and Insights is seeking a Machine Learning Data Engineer with a desire to join a fast and versatile team focused on cutting-edge machine learning and deep learning technologies. We provide our clients with immediate business impact through technology solutions that are tailored to their data and business needs. You will work with a dynamic team of researchers, engineers, and data scientists, collaborating on delivery of new machine learning algorithms and their applications . We are looking for individuals who are excited about being exposed to new problems and challenges while working in a flexible environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Creates sophisticated data solutions to business problems.
2. Translates business specifications into design specifications and code.
3. Ensures that all code is developed in a well-structured and modularized fashion. Continues to discover and implement new data sources and data integration techniques that are beneficial to clients
4. Keen on learning about various tools and techniques for data wrangling and pipelining. Heavy focus on ML and AI aspects of data engineering.
5. Partners with internal clients to enhance understanding of business functions and informational needs. Maintains a broad understanding of Vanguard's technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems.
6. Understands, complies with and enforces team policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones
Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve quality Prototype new approaches and production-ize solutions at scale Collaborate with a cross functional agile team spanning user research, design, data science, product management, and engineering to build new product features
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of five years analyst, developer, or DBA experience.
- Strong SQL and query performance tuning skills.
- Knowledge of Vanguard digital properties.
- Extensive experience using one or more of the following data sources: Enterprise, Data Warehouse, VAST, VISTA, Adobe or Tea Leaf
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following: COGNOS Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Framework Manager and Transformer, SAS, FOCUS, SQL, EasyTrieve, Hadoop, Python, UNIX, CIS, IDAA, and Exadata, Java, Tag management Systems, Adobe and Tea Leaf.
- Strong problem solving, planning, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Iport and Institutional data stores preferred.
- Knowledge of the Retail and Institutional WEB Site preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top