- Wayne, PA
While working in a fast-paced Agile organization, the Linux Architect will provide expert level IT architecture analysis and design for identifying, consulting and solving enterprise-wide infrastructure challenges in the Linux Domain (This includes a focus on vision, future direction, and initiative roadmap for strategic technology programs). The idea candidate will provide a range of architecture services, including architecture reviews, audits, 3rd party product evaluations, internally developed prototypes, and buy/build recommendations and other assigned services in the Linux/Middleware Domain.
In this role, you will:
- Provide the architectural leadership in shaping strategic technology programs, which focus on both Business of IT and strategic technology programs.
- Continuously pursue advanced level technical acumen:
- Establish working relationships with strategic and boutique technology providers.
- Leverage knowledge capital available through subscription research services.
- Leverage the Internet as a critical resource for related knowledge capital (blogs, podcasts, webinar, etc.)
- Attend conferences and engages in associated activities (e.g., conducting presentations, leading workshops, etc.).
- Consume and contribute content from and to Open Source communities.
- Provide architecture thought leadership and expertise.
- Define reference and implementation architectures.
- Produce technology roadmaps in support of IT's vision and strategy.
- Develop proof-of-concept prototypes and initial implementation models.
- Monitor implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
- Identify and mitigate risks of introducing architecture technology enhancements.
- Ensure that IT project teams comply with IT Governance policies and procedures.
- Verify deliverables meet Information Security and Vanguard Systems Architecture requirements.
- Ensure implementation solutions support architecture objectives (availability, scalability, performance, security, etc.), as appropriate.
- Establish relationships with IT leaders, architects, and technical specialists for the purpose of advancing proposed architectural solutions.
- Coach and mentor more junior team members.
- Utilize a general understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
Minimum eight years' experience in Linux Domain. Broad IT experience preferred.
Exceptional conceptual, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation and influencing/negotiation skills.
Broad knowledge of the financial services industry preferred.
Expert conceptual knowledge leveraging architecture practices and implementation concepts, such as:
- standards compliance
- Operating Systems
- Data Models
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top