Legal and Compliance Project Manager
To be a best in class partner for the Legal and Compliance division by leading highly visible executive sponsored projects and providing project management expertise through all phases of the project life cycle while actively supporting critical Vanguard business & technology functions and maintaining a high level of understanding for Vanguard's business environment.
This role will support the Legal and Compliance Operations Teams related to Program Rising Tide and various operations initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes ownership of program / project from initiation through delivery. Leads project team members, both business and IT, in the implementation of new services to existing services, capabilities, and processes. Fosters debate and is collaborative. Brokers technology solutions appropriately between business partners and project team. Develops, manages and executes project plans in conjunction with IT and business areas for assigned projects.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates and manages business activities and resources required to deliver project solutions. Leads the team in the completion of all business activities including the creation of the project charter, project plan, gathering detailed requirements, reviewing test cases, test scripts and test output, coordinating Acceptance testing with impacted business units, and creating or revising user procedures. Partners with appropriate business managers to identify opportunities to improve process and leverage technology where appropriate in response to business objectives
- Ensures effective communication, written and / or verbal, of project / program status regularly to key project stakeholders and management. Maintains fiscal responsibility by managing expenses and operating within budgetary guidelines. Takes ownership of tasks including the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects and priorities. Immediately elevate to management any program milestone / task deadline adjustments. Ensures full utilization of available resources. Manages prioritization of project deliverables thought all project phases.
- Serves as a key business, technical and project resource / liaison between IT, Testing, vendors, and internal business partners throughout the project lifecycle. Leads project meetings with various levels of management; keeping the agenda on track and the discussion productive. Manages activities and works extensively across departmental lines, engaging in frequent, proactive, value added interactions. Anticipates business needs and ensures client satisfaction related to services being provided. Develop and manages vendor relationships that are required to meet the business and technology needs during the project.
- Manages Vanguard University resources to design and develop the necessary training programs in support of project implementation. Integrates project deliverables into workflows by ensuring new or specialized procedures and workflows are accurately documented. Documents the progress of projects and communicates the status of projects to internal clients and management, including formal presentations for upper management as needed.
- Identifies, evaluates, elevates, and resolves problems that impact the completion/quality of the project. Ensures coverage of operational and technological issues in discussion of new products and services. Controls aspects of projects involving legal and compliance issues, workflow and procedures, testing requirements, reporting, budget and benefits measurement. Champions Vanguard Unmatchable Excellence efforts with an emphasis on minimizing business risk. Validates trends and establishes ownership for corrective action.
- Understands origin, reasoning, and strategy behind assigned projects. Effectively challenges the status quo; creates appropriate and timely solutions for critical business situations and follows through with communications to advance those solutions.
- Maintains cross-platform technical knowledge, understands browsers, performance and infrastructure; identifies crossover opportunities and solutions. Proactively tests internal and external applications and actively supports elevation activities.
- Initiates, leads and participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience, including successfully managing large projects from inception to completion.
- Established ability to manage and improve business processes.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate to consensus.
- Proven project-management skills and experience.
- Ability to generate creative approaches and solutions.
- Strong communication skills.
- PC proficiency.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top