As a client-focused company, we take pride in having helped millions of clients accomplish their financial goals. Vanguard crew are driven to inspire, inform, and educate clients so they can cut through market noise and make the best choice for investment success. We are currently seeking a Lead Writer to help us tell the Vanguard story – and what it means to clients.The ideal candidate has years of digital experience and works collaboratively across various mediums—presentations, multimedia, print, web, mobile, and social media. As a Lead Writer, you will support strategic initiatives by developing content strategy and writing engaging copy for marketing materials across multiple channels, incorporating an understanding of the business and industry. As a Crew member, you’ll benefit from career development opportunities, a policy of promoting from within, and workplace flexibility. In addition to gaining a stimulating and prominent role, you’ll be part of a company where doing the right thing isn’t just a tagline, it’s our passion.
Please include samples of your work or a link to your portfolio with your application.
1. Creates clear, concise, compelling copy that educates the reader and meets specific marketing objectives. Ensures copy is accurate and meets the most recently available compliance/regulatory requirements. Adept at writing for the digital space.
2. Helps set content strategy on a departmental level and has influence with business partners.
3. Collaborates with creative teams to produce complex or high-profile materials that support strategic initiatives.
4. Incorporates in-depth knowledge of investment topics, Vanguard funds, Vanguard services, the competitive landscape, and/or online communication media. Researches new topics as necessary.
5. Assesses edits and changes from reviewers, finding solutions that surpass client needs while maintaining quality and accuracy.
6. Demonstrates initiative and creativity in identifying and meeting client needs. Works with the internal team to develop and execute creative, “out of the box” ideas where appropriate..
7. Serves as a mentor to less experienced writers by providing guidance on editorial processes and specific feedback on their copy. Is experienced and versed in every communication channel.
8. Maintains job history and records time spent on each project. Meets all internal and external client and production deadlines. Seeks to improve departmental and workflow processes by identifying opportunities, seeking buy-in, and helping implement improvements. Makes recommendations to prioritize project work.
9. Keeps manager and unit updated on project work; analyzes, shares, and makes recommendations to address key findings or trends.
10. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years marketing experience and five years financial industry experience.
- Strong understanding of best practices in online communications.
- Extensive knowledge of financial topics and Vanguard products and services.
- Ability to write quickly and explain complex subject matter in plain English.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to provide guidance and mentoring to other writers.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top