Lead Multimedia Designer
Vanguard’s story is one of the most extraordinary ones in the mutual fund business. From its start in 1975 as a bold new experiment, Vanguard has grown to become one of the world’s largest and most trusted fund firms. We take pride in having helped millions of clients to accomplish their financial objectives. The company, headquartered outside Philadelphia in Malvern, Pa., is also much admired for its strong culture and the impact that the Vanguard crew have on the communities where they live and work. Within this setting, Vanguard is seeking a Lead Multimedia Designer to design small scale webpages for About Vanguard and multimedia products for our websites and communication campaigns.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Conceptualizes, presents, and executes web-based multimedia design solutions. Translates business needs into interactive web designs that capture the desired brand and market positioning.
- Works closely with Design Supervisor/Manager and design peers to ensure brand consistency across all projects. Explains and supports brand standards when evaluating projects with creative team and clients.
- Follows web graphic design standards, including style guides, templates, style sheets, file archiving processes, and file naming conventions.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously; produces assignments with speed and accuracy to meet time, budget, and client needs. Keeps up-to-date records of project time.
- Collaborates with creative, business, marketing, content development, and compliance teams to produce strategically targeted and integrated digital media. Works with the team to brainstorm, plan, prioritize, and complete assigned projects.
- Serves as design technical lead. Provides consultative services as it relates to multimedia web enhancements. Enhances Vanguard’s knowledge of the best ways to apply new technology.
- Troubleshoots technical issues. Regularly presents manager with project status and technical concerns.
- Helps to train and mentor new or temporary staff on multimedia design techniques. Stays abreast of innovations and new information in web technology and interactive media. Pursues and shares best practices with the team.
- Participates in design, code and test inspections throughout production to contribute technical expertise and identify issues.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (BA, BFA) in graphic design or equivalent combination of training and work experience.
- Minimum of three-five years business experience, including three years design, graphic design, or user interface design experience. Web corporate or agency design experience, preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Flash design and development including:
– Timeline and programmatic animation
– Proficiency with Actionscript programming
– Experience with encoding audio and video for web-based Flash applications
- Advanced experience working with current versions of the following products:
- -Adobe After Effects
- -Adobe Photoshop
- -Adobe Illustrator
- -Java Script
- Ability to take art direction.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of the following graphic design practices and concepts:
– Abstract conceptualization and visualization skills
– User centered design
– Responsive design
– Graphic style guides
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- Strong knowledge of one or more IT platforms:
- -Microsoft Windows
- Intermediate knowledge of current versions of the following products, preferred:
- -Lotus Notes
- -Macromedia Dreamweaver
- -Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with digitizing and editing audio and video is a plus.
- Experience with Adobe Edge Animate a plus.
- Extended hours may be required during high work volumes.
Back to top