Lead Marketing Line Manager
Vanguard is seeking a Lead Marketing Line Manager with the professional and creative skills to help Vanguard continue on our quest to change the way the world invests. The Lead Marketing Line Manager focuses on Institutional clients, creating campaigns to drive awareness and consideration for our investment products and services offered to defined benefit plans and insurance general accounts.The ideal candidate is a resourceful, experienced leader with a fresh perspective who also shares Vanguard’s view on our products, the markets, and the economy. S/he will build relationships with key divisional business segments, as well lead the development of institutional marketing strategies and plans to deliver on business objectives, and to ensure that final deliverables meet Vanguard’s highest standards of quality. As a Lead Marketing Line Manager, you’ll benefit from career development opportunities, a policy of promoting from within, and workplace flexibility. In addition to gaining a stimulating and prominent role, you’ll be part of a company where doing the right thing isn’t just a tagline, it’s our passion.
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Implements marketing plans by translating the divisional business objectives into defined marketing objectives, strategies and tactics and develops clear requirements to ensure that the team receives accurate direction. Identifies and analyzes varied sources of data and information to inform planning decisions. Partners with Project Lead to deliver large and complex marketing initiatives that are aligned to major corporate initiatives.
- Understands and communicates the risks and impacts of proposed marketing strategies and how they impact our clients, our crew and our company. Applies productive questioning skills to understand business goals and assesses information to uncover ways to deliver effective and efficient solutions to major business challenges. Anticipates problems and takes action to keep projects on track.
- Ensures that the division’s business partners and marketing teammates understand all aspects of marketing plans. Updates business partners and senior management throughout the planning and development life cycle of major initiatives and partners with project managers to communicate updates within marketing. Provides program results to stakeholders in a meaningful way.
- Serves as an advocate for our business partners and for the division and balances the relationship between both parties. Ensures that the right solution is developed for our partners and manages the prioritization of projects and resources to achieve desired results. Manages external relationships and maintains relationships with marketing peers in other divisions to facilitate knowledge sharing and to serve as a marketing leader and expert for the company.
- Leads change within both marketing and across the corporation. Builds consensus for our business partners’ objectives and our marketing plans.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of our business, clients and competitors and effectively applies this knowledge to enhance planning effectiveness. Maintains strong relationships with partners in Client Insight (CI), and expert knowledge of available resources. Viewed as an expert in both Marketing and divisional investing.
- Serves as a leader for the department, and represents the department to our business partners and corporate leaders. Takes the initiative to maintain an active and visible presence within the division and develops strong relationships with senior management.
- Participates in other projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of general experience and five years of industry experience, including leadership experience.
- Marketing or business strategy experience preferred.
- Strong critical/strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to work across multiple functions.
- Ability to present effectively to senior leadership.
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top