Lead Infrastructure Engineer, Windows
As a member of the Global Investment Systems sub-division, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with your peers and the business to help shape the direction of the organization into the 21st century. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for the investment management industry, who love to learn, and are eager to spread their ideas and passion, while leaving their mark. This is the place you want to be if you desire an experience where you can have a positive impact by building partnerships to forge a new future through innovation, experimentation, and collaboration.
This position is for a highly visible project to enhance the investment management IT Support Operating model, establish a proactive monitoring support model, and stabilize the investment management environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provides expert level Tier 3 technical infrastructure support services for issues elevated from the Support Center and other Technical Services groups. Ensures reliable operation of production. Diagnoses and troubleshoots availability interruptions and other production issues.
Plans and implements new technologies and major releases for the most critical enterprise-wide IT infrastructure projects. Tests, installs, and migrates software, patches, upgrades, proxies, applications, and/or hardware.
Communicates with IT groups to assess systems risks on those areas and to keep groups apprised of systems issues that may have an impact on those areas, including projected down times and business risks. Communicates with IT vendors to research and resolve issues.
Develops technical standards. Tests and evaluates IT vendor products.
Maintains, monitors, and tunes Production system and applications performance. Debugs source code and performance problems and/or provides debugging assistance to developers. Identifies opportunities to improve performance (e.g., automating manual system tasks).
Performs capacity planning activities.
Trains and mentors staff. Resolves the most complex issues elevated from staff with less experience.
Writes documentation, including project plans, backup plans, business continuance, installation procedures, and troubleshooting tips. Creates diagrams, including technical topology.
Adds, updates, and closes IT Problem Management database records. Researches and resolves the most complex issues, and reviews related technology records to mitigate impact on assigned system.
Reviews numerous IT knowledge repositories to update technical knowledge.
Learns and understands client area business functions and requirements. Has the ability to determine the appropriate technical tool to address the client's business needs.
Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures. Verifies deliverables meet Information Security and VSA requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Eight years' experience in technical specialty, including three to four years' hardware/software configuration and troubleshooting experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, along with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of the following product support practices and concepts: infrastructure design , wide range of technologies within specialty, full project delivery life cycle, IT service level agreements, performance monitoring, tuning, and debugging (e.g., GTF traces, and region and transaction dumps), software and peripheral installation, network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP and ACCP), process/product testing and verification, software and/or hardware setup and configuration , computer networking, technical standards and deliverables, system log files, tasks, account management, and commands.
- Expert knowledge of one or more IT platforms and products.
Certification - Holds the appropriate technical specialty certificate or has the ability to attain within 9 months of hire date.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top