Lead EDI Engineer - Axway Data Transmission
- Wayne, PA
Are you interested in an exciting, full time position supporting Axway data transmission technologies? Do you enjoy being challenged? Do you thrive on innovation and modernization? If you answered "YES" to these questions, you should consider applying for this position!
Vanguard's Data Transmission Services team manages the enterprise solution for data transmissions. The team is looking to expand current offerings and solutions for the enterprise wide solution of data transmissions. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about innovation and modernization, who has experience in current data transmission technologies, and has a growth mindset.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Expert Axway B2Bi experience
- Unix operating systems
- Cloud Technologies (AWS)
In this role you will:
- Provide expert level EDI services, including administering the EDI environment, planning, scheduling, maintaining, and monitoring external business client EDI transmissions.
- Plan and implement new products and major upgrades to existing products. Test, install, and migrate software, patches, upgrades, and applications.
- Communicates with IT groups to assess systems risks on those areas and to keep groups apprised of systems issues that may have an impact on those areas, including projected down times and business risks. Communicates with IT vendors to research and resolve issues.
- Participate in capacity planning in the EDI environment.
- Add, updates, and closes IT Problem Management database records. Research and resolve the most complex issues, and reviews related technology records to mitigate impact on assigned system.
- Learn and understand client area business functions and requirements. Has the ability to determine the appropriate technical tool to address the client's business needs. Work closely with internal business clients, who serve as liaisons to external business clients and identify their EDI requirements.
- Write documentation, project plans, backup plans, business continuance, installation procedures, and troubleshooting tips. Creates and updates diagrams, including EDI server and connection architecture. Administers the EDI documentation repository.
- Train and mentor staff. Resolve complex issues elevated from staff.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 8 years' EDI experience (Axway Preferred).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS) a plus
- Knowledge of the financial services industry a plus
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top