As a Lead Network Engineer you will provide project leadership and expert level infrastructure services focusing on the design, installation, configuration, integration, and automation of firewalls, switches, routers, fabrics, and other data center technologies.
In this role, you will:
- Provide lead level infrastructure services, including installing, configuring, and integrating firewalls and other enterprise data center network technologies.
- Work with vendors, obtain quotes and justife business needs for services and technologies.
- Identify stake holders, form project teams, and conducts functional testing and provides recommendations based on the results.
- Verify that all installations meet production acceptance standards.
- Implement opportunities to automate manual system tasks.
- Provide lead level Tier 3 services for complex issues elevated from tier 2 support groups. Identify failing components and recommend solutions in order to "Future-ize" technology.
- Provide technical leadership for infrastructure engineering team.
- Provide expert level design and debugging services to development teams.
- Identify performance issues, interprets trends, and implements improvements.
- Create documentation and diagrams, including policies and procedures.
- Add, update, and close-out records in the IT Problem Management and Change Management databases.
- Train and mentor less experience crew memebers and conduct formal training sessions, one-on-one sessions, and recommends training vendors.
- Complete capacity planning activities, including monitoring and tracking capacity metrics. Initiate actions to prevent degradation caused by capacity issues.
- Thoroughly understand and comply with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understand and comply with Information Security policies and procedures.
- Participate in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years infrastructure engineering experience.
- Working understanding of advanced aspects of firewalls, routers, switches, and other data center technologies including an understanding of VMware tool suite (ESXi, vCenter, vROPS, vRNI, vRB, etc.), enterprise storage.
- Working understanding of code and scripting (Python, PowerShell, Rest API)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong project leadership skills.
Network, storage and VMWare architecture design, technical standards and deliverables, troubleshooting tools (e.g., log analysis), software and hardware installation and configuration, protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, routing protocols, storage replication, etc.).
Advanced knowledge of multiple IT platforms:
Client/server, Microsoft Windows, Routers and switches, Linux, VMWare, Firewalls
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.