Junior Security Technology Specialist - Infrastructure - Philadelphia Innovation Center
About the Innovation Center:
During 2016, Vanguard committed to establish a centralized Innovation Center within the Strategy division. The commitment was made in response to the rapidly changing world, where emerging technologies are making it easier for start-ups to offer investment products and services, and in recognition it is often times difficult for entrepreneurial ideas and approaches to take shape in large, legacy organizations. The Innovation Center will complement the work that is taking shape within business lines, while also acting as a window for Vanguard into the outside world by establishing and maintaining relationships with key participants in the innovation ecosystem. It will offer dedicated space for crew to explore nascent technologies, study new business models, and introduce new problem solving methods to address unmet client needs in an unconstrained way.
This position is be based in our new location at 23rd & Chestnut St. in Center City Philadelphia.
To provide intermediate-level expertise, customization, and user support for third-party vendor technology products.
This role will provide security research on relevant topics by collaborating with industry leaders, local institutions and internal experts. This role will also partner with the overall I&R activities and provide security solutions to projects. This position will be based at the Philadelphia Innovation Center, soon to be opened in Center City, Philadelphia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translates intermediate-level user-defined capabilities into system/product requirements. Works with more experienced technology specialists to understand business rationale and client expectations.
- Assesses the feasibility of requirement implementation and makes informed recommendations to management. Suggests mutually agreeable alternatives, when applicable.
- Implements agreed upon solutions to documented business needs. Customizes (recodes) standard third-party vendor products to comply with business needs.
- Evaluates success of product modification and regularly monitors performance to ensure ongoing utility. Resolves complex issues as they arise.
- Integrates third-party products into the Vanguard environment, frequently with the collaboration of Systems Integration teams. Evaluates vendor products with respect to technical requirements to fill business capability needs, product maturity, and integration complexity.
- Provides subject matter expertise in assigned projects through all phases of the development lifecycle. Defines field of use, standards, and best practices around assigned products and technologies.
- Supports assigned products by responding independently to client inquiries and resolving issues of intermediate complexity.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 1+ years experience in area of technical expertise. Advanced experience with a product or technical area (e.g. Cognos, SAS, DataStage, Web Trends, Documentum, TeamSite, FileNet, etc.) preferred.
- Understanding of software engineering processes and system development life cycles.
- Strong problem solving skills and capability to understand and set direction for complex technology integration.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills and capability to lead teams.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top