Junior Mobile Developer - Philadelphia's Innovation Center
To provide entry level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for mainframe-, client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based systems, with the direction and close supervision of a more senior developer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides entry level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for mainframe-, client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
- Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports. Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
- Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support.
- Learns and follows software development methodology. Learns and follows architecture standards.
- Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Participates in other meetings, such as those for use case creation.
- Participates in systems analysis activities, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
- Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables, including the Version Description Document. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., Systems Testers, test plans). On small teams, the Developer may write these items.
- Learns client business functions and technology needs. Learns Vanguard's tools, technologies, and applications/databases, including those that interface with business area and systems.
- Learns and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones. Learns and complies with all Information Security policies and procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- 0 - 2 years general business experience, including 0 - 1 year of Android or IOS development experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good analysis and problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top