Java Tech Lead
To provide expert level IT technical lead services, including the direction, evaluation, selection, configuration, implementation, and integration of new and existing technologies and tools.
Vanguard's Global Investment Data team is looking for a Java Tech Lead. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that works on launching new funds. The Tech Lead will be excepted to provide IT technical lead services, including direction, evaluation, selection, configuration, implementation, and integration of new and existing technologies and tools. . Ideally the candidate will have experience with Java Mid-tier, UI Development, Agile Methodologies, Lean concepts, implementations and designs.
• JAVA - JDK 8, Spring Frame work 4.x & Spring Boot.
• REST Services using JERSEY - JAX RS implementation and/or other JAX-RS frameworks
• Web Frameworks - Angular JS, Node.js
• Spring MVC
• Oracle and Query Design, PL/SQL
• Unit Testing Frameworks: JUnit, Easy Mock and Mockito, Jasmine, Protractor, Selenium
• Cloud Technologies - AWS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (this may be more of a plus than a requirement)
1. Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
2. Eight years experience in technical specialty. For development technical leads, includes three years' developer experience.
3. Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
4. Broad knowledge of the financial services industry
5. Expert knowledge of the following technical lead practices and concepts:
- Full product life cycle
- IT vendor product assessment
- Architecture design
- Wide range of technologies within technical specialty - from state of the art to legacy systems
- Performance and stress testing
- Quality assurance methodology and Inspections
- Technical standards and deliverables
- Migration and integration
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides expert level IT technical lead services and direction for critical software, middleware, and/or hardware projects (e.g., applications, networks, communications, and client server technologies) on multiple platforms. Provides technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other technical areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
2. Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Approves the team's technical deliverables. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
3. Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Approves technical solutions proposed by team members. Elevates complex technical issues to IT experts, including architects and vendors. Resolves technical problems discovered by testers and internal clients. Responds to and resolves technical issues in a timely manner. Researches issues and performs root cause analysis.
4. Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. Screens resumes of team members, interviews, makes hiring and assignment recommendations, and writes reviews.
5. Maintains a current and working knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff and identifies training needs. As new standards are instituted, ensures their usage by team members. A Technical Lead II should be able to perform as a Developer III.
6. Communicates with other technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project's technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies and effectively persuades and influences others on ideas.
7. Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top