Java Full-Stack Developer
To provide senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for mainframe-, client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based systems.
Ideal Technical background:
- TDD, OOP or OOD, Functional Programming, Design Patterns
- Rest (Microservices) API Economy
AWS - desired
Spring, Jersey/REST, Spring Integration
JUnit, TDD using Cucumber, Mock Frameworks - Mockito
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 5 years developer or systems analyst experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the following development practices and concepts:
•Production acceptance, including elevations and change management.
•Interfaces, feeds, and event schedules.
•Quality assurance methodology and Inspections.
•Use case standards.
•Systems analysis and design techniques.
•Libraries, reusable code, and/or object oriented standards.
•Screen, report, and query design.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients.
- Develops code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports.
- Employs contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
- Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule.
- Thoroughly understands software development methodology. Thoroughly understands architecture standards. Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves issues elevated from staff with less experience.
- Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients.
- Thoroughly understands client business functions and technology needs. Has a broad understanding of Vanguard's technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems.
- Is highly functional on large, matrixed project teams. Interfaces with cross functional team members, including database administrator, IT security, project manager, technical writer, and clients.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones.
- 1. Works on critical business applications/databases with the largest numbers of interfaces and users.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top