IT Solutions Consultant
To provide expert level IT and business analysis skills to create world- class strategies for a wide range of business and IT goals by leading program – level initiatives. Defines complex problems expertly by using research (market, competitive, consultant), Design Thinking, BDM, Lean Enterprise, System Architecture guidelines and other techniques as necessary. Manages large and complex internal consulting engagements or multiple concurrent medium/small engagement projects. Takes business goals and strategy as input to demonstrate possibilities that can be enabled by technology and provides solution options covering people, process and technology areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds productive working relationships with internal clients, team members, senior management, project teams, and IT partners to ensure recommendations and priorities are understood by all impacted parties. Leverages influencing and negotiation skills to champion an optimal solution. Acts as an advocate for change, overcoming resistance by clearly articulating its benefits and promoting acceptance and usage. Ensures IT and Business teams understand proposed enhancements by continually reviewing approved technology capabilities, business solutions, and estimates. Serves as a change agent for IT and the Business to introduce new technologies and processes to shape the business strategy.
- Delivers strategic and cost-effective solution alternatives, along with recommendations, estimates, delivery strategy, and cost benefits to solve business problems.
- Partners with business leaders to align business initiatives, priorities, and schedules based on strategic business plans; Collaborates with the business to plan and initiate required activities by leveraging research, design thinking, BDM, Lean Enterprise, System Architecture evolutions, and innovations.
- Owns and manages a capability landscape for one or more lines of business and its product owners as the business and the industry evolves. Educates crew by leading ideation sessions among business, IT, and industry leaders to improve knowledge levels across business and technology and to create innovative ideas for experimentation. Facilitates collaborative discussions to define experimentation, execution strategies, cost, and resource requirements. Leads the identification, definition, and delivery of broad strategic solutions that enable business to achieve their strategic business goals. Develops deep knowledge of the business area(s) supported and assist the business in driving out their 3—5 year technology plan. Coaches and mentors business analysts to guide evolution of business process models, process flows, and service/operating models for specific business areas and projects. Develops broad and deep understanding of the competitive landscape, corporate business unit strategies, and vendor products available in the marketplace to provide context for decision-making. Provides expert IT project management to create world-class strategies for a wide range of business and IT goals by leading program-level initiatives. Defines complex problems expertly, using research (market, competitive, and consultant), Design Thinking, BDM, Lean Enterprise, System Architecture guidelines, and other techniques as necessary. Manages large and complex analysis projects or multiple concurrent medium/small projects. Leads strategic projects to ensure business scope, processes, and architecture are well defined, articulated, and understood across the business and IT; BDM/BDM-Light deliverables and Capability Implementation Plan
- Creates and manages the Line of business capability blueprint; Input to and management of the 3-to-5-year technology plan.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture, and related standards. Advocates and ensures usage of new standards and future state architecture by team members and project solutions.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum eight years industry/field experience.
- Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry and FinTech industry.
- Proven experience in using data (both quantitative and qualitative) analysis techniques to inform recommendations
- Proven ability to lead a team and program level initiatives to success.
- Proven ability to adapt quickly, learn new things (business areas), evaluate issues, identify and validate problems areas, negotiate scope changes.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top