IT Risk & Controls Advisor - Lead
Protect our mission by protecting our clients.
Doing what's right for investors everywhere means safeguarding the business. That takes strategy-and it takes you. As a Lead IT Risk and Controls Advisor, your technical expertise will ensure our IT department is two steps ahead of risk. With your deep knowledge in protecting enterprise companies, you'll work alongside leadership and help protect over twenty million investors, worldwide. Because at Vanguard, a first-class client experience starts with a secure business. Make it count.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and execute risk assessments of all complexity levels to protect business processes and service/project initiatives, continuing our commitment to client success
- Cultivate relationships with management and service providers to ensure the high-level overview of risk, quality deliverables and accurate billings that keep us running
- Build a dialogue with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and IT leadership, stepping up to inform them of progress, concerns and opportunities to improve our operations
- Be an expert of risk insight for leadership by creating and maintaining risk exposure reports that advance the division
- Collaborate with the Core ERM Team to oversee the risk management framework, identifying opportunities to better protect our clients and Vanguard itself
Bring expert insight to the frontlines of risk protection.
When it comes to risk, you have us covered. You're a trusted advisor who communicates with clarity to improve our risk management plans and processes. Your passion and integrity allow you to motivate and inspire our risk assessment crew members. In turn, you'll partner closely with senior leaders to keep our company ahead of risk and move ahead in your career. We'll look to you for accurate analytics and recommendations to continue changing investing for the good of our clients around the world.
What it takes:
- Bachelor's degree is required with emphasis in IT, finance or accounting, related certification or equivalent combination of training and experience
- A minimum of seven to ten years' general business experience, with progressively responsible operations management, compliance, risk management or auditing experience from which knowledge of in internal control and risk management was obtained preferred
- Technical expertise in assigned business activities for Information Technology
- An in depth understanding of complex business activities unique to a specific industry
- Excellent relationship management, communication, and analytical skills required
- Familiarity with risk management theory and experience in applying risk management concepts
- Experience working with internal partners/clients to assess risk to facilitate making risk-aware decisions on strategic initiatives required
- Demonstrated project management experience including large scale projects and programs
- Risk management certifications and willingness to achieve certifications required
Specializations that'll make an impact:
- Advanced knowledge of one or more IT platforms: i.e. Client Server, OS/390, CICS, MQ Series, Microsoft Windows NT, LDAP, Netscape Application Server, UNIX, DB2, or Sybase
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you get so much more in return. We invest with purpose-and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
Back to top