IT Risk and Controls Advisor - Junior
Where protecting clients means protecting futures
At Vanguard, doing what's right for investors underpins everything we do. That's why the security and safety of our business and our clients is always top of mind. As a Junior IT Risk and Controls Advisor, your attention to detail through every step of the risk assessment process will ensure the health and success of our IT department and Vanguard as a whole. You will start to shape your career by applying your IT knowledge in analytical ways, and at the same time protect our clients. Make it count.
In this role, you will
- Develop a keen understanding of the Vanguard risk management framework and use that expertise to evaluate risks and related controls
- Execute complex risk assessments
- Information gather with business clients to understand new processes and initiatives, and highlight risks and potential gaps
- Review risk documentation to ensure it reflects enterprise wide standards
- Prepare and present reports to leadership about the trends and findings of assessments
Maximize processes to mitigate risk
When it comes to risk, you are the future. You have critical thinking skills and the passion to apply technical skills to business problems. You're commitment to accurate analytics will inspire changes and improvements to our risk management framework. You'll gain perspective from working with diverse clients and build on that foundation and present your findings to leadership. These recommendations will continue changing investing for the good of our clients around the world.
What it takes
- A Bachelor's degree with emphasis in business, finance or accounting preferred, related certification or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Two to five years' general business experience, with functional operations management, compliance, risk management, or auditing experience preferred
- Knowledge of internal control theory and practices as well as audit techniques
- Experience designing and evaluating information technology controls preferred
- Experience as an Auditor is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent presentation skills to all levels of personnel, strong attention to detail.
- Consulting skills in negotiation, influencing, and problem solving coupled with flexibility and sound business judgment
- Solid analytical skills and understanding of processes, technology and operational concepts
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and adapt quickly to changing priorities
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top