IT Project Manager - Release
To provide senior level IT project management. To develop, implement, and monitor project plans and coordinate project teams for the design, development, and installation of software, middleware, or hardware deliverables.
We are looking for a Project Manager to help enable Vanguard Retail SI project managers and their teams in achieving timely and quality delivery of business value to clients of the Vanguard Personal Investors website. More specifically, the Project Manager will:
- Lead status calls and checkpoints with an average of 40 project managers to monitor, track, and drive release progress in regards to test quality, defect resolution, production readiness, and key controls adherence between test and deployment stage of the software development life cycle
- Collaborate closely with key IT and Business partners, including Retail Technology Solutions (RTS), Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE) Regression and Performance, and Senior Management
- Manage availability and stability of test regions by partnering with UNIX Environments, appropriate infrastructure/support teams, project teams, and Management
- Work with project teams on identifying and managing project and release level impact and risk, risk mitigation strategy, and/or back out plan
- Respond quickly to help resolve release related issues. Learn from test and production incidents to prevent future recurrences
- Responsible for change management functions/activities in support of the releases, including but not limited to creating elevation plans, change records and associated tasks
- Initiate, drive, and advocate team-, department-, and divisional-level initiatives in support of business and IT goals, such as Shift Left, test automation, software product ownership, and break down of the monolith applications
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Place high importance/priority on meeting commitments
- Strong ability in driving business results through others, setting clear expectations, and holding accountable parties to set expectations while being enabling and supportive
- Ability to manage pressure, ambiguity, complexity, and multiple priorities well
- Fosters strategic working relationships
- Strong strategic/conceptual thinking skills
- Proactively pursues continuous learning and people, process, and technological improvements
- Passionate about raising the bar
- Full stack development, release/change management experience
- Willingness to work off hours as needed to meet business needs
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides senior level IT project management for software, middleware, or hardware deliverables. Manages medium or small projects. Uses IT's project management standards to deliver projects on time, within budget, and with agreed upon functionality and quality to internal client.
2. Develops, implements, and monitors technical project plans. Identifies deliverables, milestones, and tasks for the project(s). Interviews team members for estimates. Updates schedule in IT Project database. Plans and integrates schedule, resources, and deliverables with IT departments and vendors.
3. Communicates with internal client, team members, management, and IT partners to ensure requirements and priorities are understood. Monitors project progress, and distributes reports to management and client.
4. Develops strong relationships with client. Meets with client to advise on resources, budget, and deliverables. Helps client write document deliverables and coordinates efforts of team members helping to write client deliverables.
5. Indirectly manages team members. Works with resource/department manager to ensure adequate resources are in place. Ensures team submits time sheets and status reports.
6. Leads and facilitates design and test inspections throughout development life cycle to identify issues. Leads and facilitates other project meetings, such as those with internal clients.
7. Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture, and related standards. Advocates and ensures usage of new standards by team members.
8. Responds to and resolves development issues in a timely manner. Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Reviews complex technical issues with technical lead.
9. Ensures team complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Ensures team complies with Information Security policies and procedures, and ensures deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
10. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top