IT Project Manager
Thank you for your interest in this Senior IT Project Manager role within the Vanguard Retail Systems organization. We are a 25-person team who makes daily organization-wide impact in these key areas: Security Center of Excellence, Rapid Response Tier 2, Tech Projects Support, Change Management, and Release Management. You will be supporting Security Center of Excellence, Rapid Response Tier 2, and Tech Projects Support. Primary/core responsibilities include and not limited to:
•\tManaging the Security Center of Excellence product suite (logon and registration for Vanguard's Personal Investors website), which includes enhancements, defects, code quality, production support
•\tUtilize Kanban to drive LEAN process improvements
•\tLead and manage sub-divisional Fire Prevention and Mean Time to Recover projects and initiatives (i.e. Gatekeeper feature toggle implementation, application performance management) that contribute to reducing production incidents and time spent resolving them
•\tServe as Retail Systems point of contact for coordinating with Global Technology Operations, Security Services Group, and Retail technical product owners on technology projects (i.e. infrastructure/systems upgrades, migrations, maintenance) that impact Retail systems and applications
Critical qualities for success in this role:
•\tSolid IT delivery/IT operations project management experience
•\tWorking experience with Kanban
•\tConsistently delivers business results with high quality, within scope, and on/ahead of schedule
• Manages complexities, large scope initiatives, conflicting priorities, ambiguity well
• Willingness and availability to support off hours as necessary to meet business results
• Java Developer/Technical background
• Communicates clearly and effectively, listens attentively
• Comfortable leading executive level presentations
• Strong relationship management skills
• Embraces continuous learning and development of self and others
• Strives under pressure
If you are passionate about this role, meet the qualifications described, and are looking to make positive, organization-wide impact, we look forward to hearing from you!
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides expert level IT project management for software, middleware, or hardware deliverables. Manages large and complex projects or multiple concurrent medium/small projects. Uses IT's project management standards to deliver projects on time, within budget, and with agreed upon functionality and quality to internal client.
2. Develops, implements, and monitors technical project plans for concurrent projects. Identifies deliverables, milestones, and tasks. Interviews team members for estimates. Updates schedule in IT Project database. Plans and integrates schedule, resources, and deliverables with IT departments and vendors.
3. Develops deep knowledge of the business area supported. Assists business in driving out multi-year technology plan.
4. Communicates with internal clients, team members, management, and IT partners to ensure requirements and priorities are understood. Monitors project progress, and distributes reports to management and clients.
5. Develops strong relationships with client management and vendors. Meets with client management to negotiate resources, budget, and deliverables. Helps clients write their deliverables and coordinates team members helping to write client deliverables.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Eight years experience in technical specialty. For development only: Includes three years' developer experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Expert knowledge of the following IT project management practices and concepts:
•Kanban, lean and waterfall principles
•Integration and risk management
•Technical scope management, including schedule and cost control
•Full product life cycle
•Systems analysis and design techniques
•Quality assurance methodology and Inspections
•Technical standards and deliverables
•Estimating, including design, development/purchase, and installation
•Thoroughly scoped functional requirements and documentation deliverables
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Provides IT project management for one to three development teams with 5 to 20 staff total
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top