IT Project Manager
To provide expert level IT project management. To develop, implement, and monitor project plans and coordinate project teams for the design, development, and installation of software, middleware, or hardware deliverables.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides expert level IT project management for software, middleware, or hardware deliverables. Manages large and complex projects or multiple concurrent medium/small projects. Uses IT's project management standards to deliver projects on time, within budget, and with agreed upon functionality and quality to internal client.
2. Develops, implements, and monitors technical project plans for concurrent projects. Identifies deliverables, milestones, and tasks. Interviews team members for estimates. Updates schedule in IT Project database. Plans and integrates schedule, resources, and deliverables with IT departments and vendors.
3. Develops deep knowledge of the business area supported. Assists business in driving out multi-year technology plan.
4. Communicates with internal clients, team members, management, and IT partners to ensure requirements and priorities are understood. Monitors project progress, and distributes reports to management and clients.
5. Develops strong relationships with client management and vendors. Meets with client management to negotiate resources, budget, and deliverables. Helps clients write their deliverables and coordinates team members helping to write client deliverables.
6. Indirectly manages team members. Works with resource/department manager to ensure adequate resources are in place. Maintains appropriate staff to contractor ratios. Ensures team submits time sheets and status reports. Monitors completion of each person's deliverables (e.g., business system analyst, functional requirements). Mentors and develops project managers at lower grade levels.
7. Leads and facilitates design and test inspections, and other project meetings throughout product life cycle to identify issues. Leads and facilitates other project meetings.
8. Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture, and related standards. Advocates and ensures usage of new standards by team members.
9. Identifies, manages, and mitigates technical risks and related business issues - including externally mandated compliance risk. Communicates and resolves staff and technical performance problems quickly and constructively. Effectively communicates and manages project dependencies. Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Reviews complex technical issues with technical lead.
10. Ensures team complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Ensures team complies with Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
11. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Eight years experience in technical specialty.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Expert knowledge of the following IT project management practices and concepts:
•Kanban, lean and waterfall principles
•Integration and risk management
•Technical scope management, including schedule and cost control
•Full product life cycle
•Systems analysis and design techniques
•Quality assurance methodology and Inspections
•Technical standards and deliverables
•Estimating, including design, development/purchase, and installation
•Thoroughly scoped functional requirements and documentation deliverables
- Expert knowledge of one or more IT platforms.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top