IT Program Manager - Cloud Migration
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks an IT Program Manager for Cloud Migration which will be responsible for providing program leadership for mid-sized program initiatives or workstream release management for large, complex, multi-stakeholder programs. Scope typically includes: organization design and build-out, operating model definition and process design, technology implementation, and vendor selection, onboarding and management. The role includes persuading and influencing senior Business and IT leaders on program direction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and leads staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets challenging performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Partners with the business, IT constituents, and other key stakeholders to program manage people, process and technology change initiatives. Typical programs range from small to mid-size endeavors(i.e., <$50mm over multiple years, <$10 mm in a single year). Provide steady leadership in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines common to a rapidly growing company with an evolving business model.
- Manages crew, contractors and consultants. Builds, leads and develops a strong, diverse, talented team. Supports and coaches project managers. Creates a positive and engaging team environment which fosters teamwork and drives escalation and resolution of issues. Provides best in class management and development of crew.
- Manage all aspects of a given program or work-stream, from requirements gathering to implementation. Ensures best practices and methodologies around program management, governance, “right start” practices, change management, etc. are followed for all programs.
- Participate in program benefits identification and ways to measure success.
- Ensure that the scope of the projects within the program align with business priorities and that business value is properly measured for prioritization. Ensures the development and execution of business change management and communication plans.
- Ensure all steps are taken to include risk and control, compliance, audit and legal. Coordinate with key partners to address gaps both pro-actively and reactively while evaluating and recommending necessary changes. Ensure all control requirement are met.
- Manage all aspects of a given program or work-stream, fro+E26 requirements gathering to implementation. Ensures best practices and methodologies around program management, governance, “right start” practices, change management, etc. are followed for all programs.
- Maintains an appropriate level of technical and business knowledge. Understands the changing IT landscape and continues to expand knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Address escalated resourcing issues with project manager and resource manager, as needed. Defines and implements a short-term and long-term approach to staffing to meet the needs of the program. Assists department head or senior program manager in the development of the budget and organizational structure.
- Proactively set performance expectations and help project managers and subordinates manage expectations of delivery and requirements, yielding consistent results.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of seven years of professional work experience with at least 2 years of project and/or program management experience.
- A broad based knowledge of, and experience with managing small to mid-size multi-year technology implementations.
- Proven experience as project manager with Agile, Kanban, Waterfall and Lean methodologies preferred.
- Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple sites.
- Ability to promote innovative ideas and accept the risks that are required to lead change.
- Ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to make decisions independently and to assume higher-level leadership responsibilities in critical situations.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical and non-technical information to various levels of leaders.
- Strong conceptual thinking, analytical, problem solving, relationship, negotiation, and persuasion and influence skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, competing stakeholder needs, motivate others, and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work independently, with attention to details and sensitivity to deadlines.
The Cloud Workload Migration Program Manager will be on the forefront of one of the key transformational engagements taking place within Vanguard’s Global Technology Operations unit. This role will lead multiple work-streams related to the cloud suitability assessment, infrastructure discovery, and migration to a cloud environment for a representative portion of Vanguard’s business applications. This highly visible role will require significant collaboration/partnership with internal partner organizations such as the Chief Technology Office, all Systems Integration units, Enterprise Security & Fraud, Global Technology Operations and multiple business units.
This position will be responsible for leading a direct team of project managers and supporting roles as well as coordinating and planning activities and resources across multiple partner organizations in a matrix capacity. Tasks and activities related to the multiple projects will fall under the responsibility of the Program Manager along with responsibility to ensure predecessor and successor dependencies are managed across other programs with which the Cloud Workload Migration Program will integrate.
Additional responsibilities include the ownership of the Cloud Business Office and associated functions related to controls adherence, cloud partner financial management, business relationship management, vendor/supplier management and integration with cloud service delivery management.
Vanguard is not offering Visa Sponsorship for this role.
Back to top