IT Procurement Category Specialist
- Malvern, PA
At Vanguard, we deliver exceptional value to our clients by making sure every aspect of our business is focused on value too.
IT Category Specialist,
you will recommend decisions on supplier selection based on robust, fact-based analyses products or services, long-term partnerships, and Vanguard demand activity with the strategic sourcing activities of IT category.
In this role you will:
- Support the Category Manager in developing and executing category strategy to drive maximum value by developing deep expertise in a spend category
- Perform market data analysis and clean-sheet analysis for negotiations and supplier selection, analyze reports to suggest improvements to category strategies, and coach Category Analysts on supply and market analyses
- Understand needs and objectives of divisions and functional constituents, and recommend potential linkages between Vanguard's business needs and the relevant industry's trends
- Collaborate with Sourcing Operations to ensure RFx process is appropriately tailored to an engagement or strategy
- Champion sourcing process compliance
- Collaborate with legal and risk partners as needed
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum five or more years of business experience, previous experience within category preferred
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple activities in parallel
- Strong ownership mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn content quickly and apply a strategic lens to category spend
- Deep industry knowledge and experience in IT, Banking and Investment-Related Services
Specific expertise in large-scale deals in the IT space to include products, services, and suppliers in Software, Cloud/Hosted Services, Hardware, and Telecom preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top