IT Manager - Big Data Analytics Team
To manage and develop a team and provide expert level IT project management leadership by developing, implementing, and monitoring project plans. Coordinates project teams for the design, development, and installation of software, middleware, or hardware deliverables.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five years experience in technical specialty. For development only: Includes three years' developer experience.
- Two to three years of demonstrated leadership experience preferred.
- Experience in AWS technologies such as EC2, Cloud formation, EMR Cluster, AWS S3, Splunk, and AWS Analytics.
- Big data related AWS technologies like HIVE, Spark, ETL, AWS Glue, Presto, Hadoop, Athena, RedShift.
- Be able to understand big picture from requirements in order to architect robust design solutions.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Bamboo, Jenkins.
- Experience in automated unit, integration and end-end testing.
- AWS certification is required: AWS Developer/Architect/DevOps/Big Data.
- UNIX scripting/Linux configuration.
- Functional knowledge of Python, Java.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Expert knowledge of the following IT project management practices and concepts:
- Agile software development
- Kanban, lean and waterfall principles
Duties and Responsibilities
This staff member completes the following activities under minimal direction:
1. Manages staff. Develops, mentors and provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary. Conducts regular one on one and staff meetings. Hires, evaluates and counsels crew. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
2. Works with resource/department manager to ensure adequate resources are in place. Maintains appropriate staff to contractor ratios. Ensures team submits time sheets and status reports. Monitors completion of each person's deliverables (e.g., business system analyst, functional requirements). Mentors and develops technical crew at lower grade levels.
3. Provides expert level IT project management for software, middleware, or hardware deliverables. Manages large and complex projects or multiple concurrent medium/small projects. Uses IT's project management standards to deliver projects on time, within budget, and with agreed upon functionality and quality to internal client.
4. Develops, implements, and monitors technical project plans for concurrent projects. Identifies deliverables, milestones, and tasks. Interviews team members for estimates. Plans and integrates schedule, resources, and deliverables with IT departments and vendors.
5. Develops deep knowledge of the business area supported. Assists business in driving out multi-year technology plan.
6. Communicates with internal clients, team members, management, and IT partners to ensure requirements and priorities are understood. Monitors project progress, and distributes reports to management and clients.
7. Develops strong relationships with client management and vendors. Meets with client management to negotiate resources, budget, and deliverables. Helps clients write their deliverables and coordinates team members helping to write client deliverables.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top