IT College To Corporate Internship - Technology Operations - NC
- Charlotte, NC
Build your skills for the future
Do you want to work on new technologies? Are you ready to put your classroom experience into action? Vanguard's College to Corporate Internship Program is an immersive, hands-on experience at one of the world's leading investment firms. Extensive training, real-world experience, hands-on opportunities and mentorship from professionals will all aid in broadening your technical expertise in Technology Operations. You'll receive exposure to a variety of aspects of our enterprise operations and positively impact our clients through challenging assignments like infrastructure operations, network engineering, end user computing, and enterprise architecture. Make it count.
About this program:
- The program is a full-time, paid summer internship available in Charlotte, NC. You'll receive exposure to a variety of aspects of the software life cycle and positively impact our clients through one of these challenging assignments:
- Networking services and Telecommunications
- Supporting Unix & Linux or Windows platforms
- Capacity planning
- Performance analysis
- Supporting video and voice technologies
In this program, you will
- Create high-impact solutions that allow crew to perform at their best and do what's right for investors
- Gain hands-on experience that will aid in broadening your technical expertise in technology operations
- Share your insights and make your voice heard in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Receive an opportunity to build a network with program managers, alumni, senior leaders and other interns
- Participate in developmental activities such as one-on-one feedback sessions, Tips for Success, and Industry Discussions
As an intern, you will build skills using some of the latest technology
- Databases: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
- Platforms/Servers: zOS, Solaris, Windows, Linux, Web and Application.NET, Spring, Web Services, Web, Mobile apps (iOS, Android)
- Concepts: Distributed systems, Tiered development, Data Driven decision making. Service Oriented Architecture, responsive design, Automated Testing
What it takes
- In pursuit of a bachelor's or master's degree with a concentration in computer science, computer engineering, IST, IT, CIS, Security Risk Analysis or related technical/engineering discipline required
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Proven leadership skills
- Effective analytical, communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment
- Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this position
This position will begin in the summer of 2021 and last approximately 10 weeks.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top