IT College to Corporate Internship - Technology Operations - NC
As a virtual company, our technology teams play a strong role in helping Vanguard achieve business and crew-related goals. We are constantly seeking the next generation of experts to help us drive business results. To further develop these future specialists, Vanguard offers the IT College to Corporate Internship Program.
The IT C2C program is ideal for technologically proficient individuals who can help Vanguard maximize the benefits of technology. Our innovative approach has seen Vanguard place 15th in the "InformationWeek 500", the magazine's annual list of top IT innovators, and rank 10th in Computerworld magazine's "2017 Best Places to Work in IT". We want to continue this trend by providing a stimulating, career-building opportunity to driven individuals who want to learn, and be a part of, the ways technology contributes to Vanguard's success.
The program is a full-time, paid summer internship available at our Valley Forge, Pennsylvania or Charlotte, North Carolina locations. Extensive training, real-world experience, hands-on opportunities and guidance from professionals will all aid in broadening your technical expertise in Technology Operations. You'll receive exposure to a variety of aspects of the infrastructure life cycle and positively impact our clients through one of these challenging assignments:
- Infrastructure Operations Specialist
- End User Computing Specialist
- Network Engineer
- Enterprise architecture
- Cloud computingInterns will build their skills using some of the latest technology, including:
- Platforms/Servers: zOS, Solaris, Windows, Linux, Web, Mobile apps (iOS, Android).
- Languages/Tools: Python, PowerShell, Subversion, Sharepoint, JIRA, Confluence, Git.
- Concepts: Distributed systems, Data Driven decision making, Service Oriented Architecture, Automated Testing, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, and LEAN methodology.
- Databases: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
To ensure your success, you will receive the following support:
- Exposure to Vanguard's vision, core values, corporate culture, and how technology supports Vanguard's mission.
- A tour of the IT Division, Philadelphia Field Trip, Volunteer Events, and Diversity Activity.
- An opportunity to build a network with program managers, alumni, senior leaders and other interns.
- Developmental activities such as one-on-one feedback sessions, Tips for Success, and Industry Discussions.
Upon successful completion of your internship, we will consider you for employment in a specialized IT position or our Technology Leadership Program (TLP). You'll find details about these opportunities at www.vanguardjobs.com .
The ideal candidate is a current college sophomore or junior who possesses:
- A major with a concentration in computer science, computer engineering, IST, IT, CIS, or related technical/engineering discipline required. Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Effective analytical, communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top