IT College to Corporate Internship- Application Development
Enhance your education with a firm recognized for IT excellence
IT College to Corporate (C2C) Internship Program – App Development
As a virtual company, our technology teams play a strong role in helping Vanguard achieve business and crew-related goals. We are constantly seeking the next generation of experts to help us drive business results. To further develop these future specialists, Vanguard offers the IT College to Corporate Internship Program.
The IT C2C program is ideal for technologically proficient individuals who can help Vanguard maximize the benefits of technology. Our innovative approach has seen Vanguard place 15th in the “InformationWeek 500”, the magazine’s annual list of top IT innovators, and rank 48th in Computerworld magazine’s “2016 Best Places to Work in IT”. We want to continue this trend by providing a stimulating, career-building opportunity to driven individuals who want to learn, and be a part of, the ways technology contributes to Vanguard’s success.
About the program
The program is a full-time, paid summer internship available at our Valley Forge, Pennsylvania or Charlotte, North Carolina locations. Extensive training, real-world experience, hands-on opportunities and guidance from professionals will all aid in broadening your technical expertise in Application Development. You’ll receive exposure to a variety of aspects of the software life cycle and positively impact our clients through one of these challenging assignments:
- UI, Mid-tier or host development
- Application or automated testing
- Requirements analysis
- User interface (UI) design
Interns will build their skills using some of the latest technology, including:
- Databases: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
- Platforms/Servers: zOS, Solaris, Windows, Linux, Web, Mobile apps (iOS, Android).
- Concepts: Distributed systems, Tiered development, Data Driven decision making. Service Oriented Architecture, responsive design, Automated Testing
To ensure your success, you will receive the following support:
- Exposure to Vanguard’s vision, core values, corporate culture, and how technology supports Vanguard’s mission.
- A tour of the IT Division, Philadelphia Field Trip, Volunteer Events, and Diversity Activity.
- An opportunity to build a network with program managers, alumni, senior leaders and other interns.
- Developmental activities such as one-on-one feedback sessions, Tips for Success, and Industry Discussions.
Upon successful completion of your internship, we will consider you for employment in a specialized IT position or our Technology Leadership Program (TLP). You’ll find details about these opportunities at www.vanguardjobs.com.
The ideal candidate is a current college sophomore or junior who possesses:
- A major with a concentration in computer science, computer engineering, IST, IT, CIS, or related technical/engineering discipline required. Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Effective analytical, communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
Back to top