IT Change Management Project Manager
To lead strategic change management efforts across IT.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the change management for assigned initiatives. Leads small project teams in the development of training, communication, and change management resources.
- In partnership with the impacted subdivisions, establishes the strategy, operational communication approach and change management plans. Secures senior management buy-in across the IT division.
- Provides oversight and execution of the change management framework for the development of impact and stakeholder analysis, governing the communication process and providing the appropriate standards and tools (impact analysis, stakeholder analysis etc.) to effectively prepare and inform leaders and crew. Ensures adherence to the governance process.
- Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to ensure managers across IT sub-divisions effectively communicate consistent and appropriate messages.
- Works together with the IT Vision Program Manager and IT Communications to coordinate change management activities with other IT Vision work streams, identifying possible collision points with other efforts and developing measurement/control processes and tools for program success.
- Consults with organizational experts and crew and reviews/analyzes results and recommends changes as needed. Follows up periodically to ensure that the program integrity remains in place and that project solutions remain valid.
- Works collaboratively with the Program/Transition Managers and all impacted departments across the IT division and coordinates efforts across stakeholder groups to analyze and assess readiness for change. Provides oversight for the communication process and provides the appropriate standards and tools (impact analysis, stakeholder analysis etc.) to managers and project managers, ensuring adherence to the process.
- Builds and maintains productive working relationships with the project team and stakeholders at the executive and operational level. Ensures buy-in from various levels of crew and management.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Understanding of general IT concepts and technology
- Minimum of five years of general experience and five years of industry experience.
- Strong leadership track record, and capable of dealing with conflict and overcoming barriers.
- Demonstrated working experience with department, divisional or enterprise wide program communications and change management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Proven ability to create and edit communication to all levels – executive and operational.
- Solid understanding of the IT division, coupled with broad organizational working knowledge. Understands how technology is leveraged at Vanguard.
- Demonstrates strong emotional intelligence and focuses on understanding how changes will impact crew.
- Ability to work through others and achieve impactful results in dynamic and fast-paced environment, with a relentless focus on key objectives.
- Works well when dealing with ambiguity and negotiating conflicting priorities.
- Proven ability to influence, motivate and coach mid-level and senior leaders.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top