IT Category Strategist
- Malvern, PA
As an IT Category Strategist, you will build relationships with our business partners and recommend category and supplier strategies to drive value. You will initiate strategic sourcing activities for the professional services category of spend, with the goals of achieving significant cost reductions, improving product quality and supplier service levels as well as negotiate best in class commercial contracts. Sourcing the highest quality vendors, products and materials at the most competitive price, you'll support our commitment to low-cost investing.
In this role you will:
- Play an integral role in strategic sourcing efforts for a key spend strategy. Specialize by developing deep expertise in a particular category (i.e., IT Hardware, Software, Cloud/Hosted Services, and Telecom). Broad understanding of IT category and understanding of cloud providers' example -AWS and Microsoft Azure and Taxonomy. Experience building IT Category strategies aligned to business roadmap. Insight into current and future IT cloud trends. Supplier SLA's and KPI's
- Partner with the Category Manager in developing and executing the category strategy to drive maximum value.
- Understand the needs and objectives of Divisions and functional constituents. Identifies and keenly understands potential linkages between Vanguard's business needs and the relevant industry's trends.
- Ensure that best practices in the sourcing process are followed. Engages risk stakeholders as needed for sourcing activity.
- Perform market data analysis and clean-sheet analysis for negotiations and supplier selection.
- Lead high-complexity large-scale sourcing events on behalf of the Category Manager.
- Champions sourcing process compliance.
- Draft the business terms portion of contracts in collaboration with Legal & Compliance and the Sourcing Operations contracting team.
- Have a broad understanding of IT category and understanding of cloud providers (AWS and Microsoft Azure) and Taxonomy.
- Have experience building IT Category strategies aligned to business roadmap.
- Provide insight into current and future IT cloud trends. How to build supplier SLA's and KPI's
- Bring an understanding of IT supplier contracts aligned to cloud roadmap.
- Bring experience managing large strategic supplier sourcing deals.
- Gain buy in from IT on Category strategy.
What it takes:
- An undergraduate degree required.
- Minimum five years general experience with a minimum of two years of experience in financial services.
- Ability to learn content quickly and apply a strategic lens to category spend.
- Apply critical thinking to demand requests and build consensus on efficient solution.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Takes ownership of projects by actively seeking out input from category managers.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top