IT Audit Project Manager, Systems Development
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks an IT Audit Project Manager to perform complex projects to help Vanguard identify and manage risk to its business and investors. Within the organization, the IT Audit Services (ITAS) team is seen as a critical line of defense for the organization. ITAS is comprised of hard-working, highly motivated, and technically skilled professionals who consistently deliver high-quality work in a dynamic environment. The team also promotes a flexible and well-balanced work environment. The IT Audit Project Manager will play a supervisory role in all phases of the audit. Individuals in this role demonstrate professional curiosity, have a continuous improvement mindset, possess the desire/aptitude to rapidly learn new skills and exemplify the highest degree of trust and integrity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and execute projects and audits within the domains of: Application & Infrastructure lifecycle management (SDLC), Business Process & System Analysis and Design, Business Process Improvement, Program roadmap and governance, and benefits realization.
- Develop a thorough and comprehensive understanding of the processes, issues, pertinent regulations and control risks associated with assignments.
- Identify control issues, assess the adequacy of controls, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Pursue continuous professional development through company paid internal/external training, certifications and/or continuing education.
- Assist in developing and communicating the objectives of an audit and of other planned services to team members. Identify and communicate each team members’ role in the audit process.
- Execute and review in a timely manner, working papers prepared by project team members for technical accuracy and completeness, as is consistent with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Supervise audit projects including managing their individual time; scheduling and assigning work and monitoring the progress of audit fieldwork; proposing modifications to current procedures to improve audit effectiveness and efficiency; and continuing to learn the economics of the business.
- Prepare walkthrough narratives, flowcharts, and other memos. Documents, conclusions and general background about information technology.
- Clearly articulating the status and results of work performed, both orally and in written form, to internal management and the project client.
- Operate effectively and with minimal supervision, within a team or independently, performing special projects and related duties, as assigned.
- Expected to coach and supervise staff and senior auditors throughout assignments.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Information Security, or a related discipline with solid academic credentials.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience, with recent project management and/or application development experience using common development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.).
- Strong understanding of infrastructure components, including: servers, operating systems, data storage (e.g., SANs, databases), directory services (Active Directory), and networking concepts/protocols.
- Strong familiarity with common technology, project management, and control assessment frameworks (e.g., ITIL, PMBOK, and COBIT).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent project execution skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Professional certification (e.g., PMP, PMI-ACP, CBAP, CISA, etc.) is a plus.
- Exposure to consulting, internal audit, compliance or other internal control functions is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 10% annually, including domestic and limited international travel. Typical travel in this role is 0 to 5% annually.
Vanguard does not provide sponsorship for this position.
Back to top