IT Audit Manager, Project Management and System Development
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks an IT Audit Manager to help identify and manage risk to its business and investors. Within the organization, the IT Audit Services (ITAS) team is seen as a critical line of defense for the organization. ITAS is comprised of hard-working, highly motivated, and technically skilled professionals who consistently deliver high-quality work in a dynamic environment. The team also promotes a flexible and well-balanced work environment. IT Audit Managers oversee all phases of the audit, oversee the development of a team of direct reports, and will impact the future shape of the organization. Individuals in this role demonstrate and drive professional curiosity, have a continuous improvement mindset, possess the desire/aptitude to rapidly learn new skills and exemplify the highest degree of trust and integrity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee projects and audits within the domains of: Application & Infrastructure lifecycle management (SDLC), Business Process & System Analysis and Design, Business Process Improvement, Program roadmap and governance, and benefits realization.
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel.
- Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Manages audit projects including managing their individual time; scheduling and assigning work and monitoring the progress of audit fieldwork; proposing modifications to current procedures to improve audit effectiveness and efficiency; and continuing to learn the economics of the business.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to engagement team members, client management and executive senior management.
- Oversees and holds ultimate responsibility for developing and communicating the objectives of an audit and of other planned services to team members and clients.
- Promotes, builds and maintains a constructive relationship with Internal Audit’s customers and stakeholders.
- Maintains knowledge of significant technology Vanguard IT initiatives. Performs prompt and adequate audits, investigations and consulting services.
- Reviews audit project plans, work papers and audit reports, including discussing issues with management, and ensuring adequate quality control is in operation. Follows up on replies to reports, reviews replies and posts audit reviews. Operations including time management, performance reporting, scheduling staff resources and weekly reporting to Internal Audit Manager.
- Recruits, trains and develops staff to ensure that an efficient and high standard of computer auditing is maintained.
- Provides assessment of staff, senior and lead auditors. Educates staff, senior and lead auditors in audit methodology and understanding IT process and controls.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Information Security, or a related discipline with solid academic credentials.
- Minimum of 9-12 years of experience, with recent project management and/or application development experience using common development methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.) and Agile principles.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of people leadership experience.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure components, including: servers, operating systems, data storage (e.g., SANs, databases), directory services (Active Directory), and networking concepts/protocols.
- Working experience with common technology and control assessment frameworks (e.g., ITIL, PMBOK, and COBIT).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent project execution skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Professional certification (e.g., PMP, PMI-ACP, CBAP, CISA, etc.) is a plus.
- Exposure to consulting, internal audit, compliance or other internal control functions is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 10% annually, including domestic and limited international travel. Typical travel in this role is 0 to 5% annually.
Vanguard does not provide sponsorship for this position.
Back to top