IT Audit Manager/ Integrated Audit
The team is seeking an IT Audit Manager to perform complex projects to help Vanguard identify and manage risk to its business and investors. Within the organization, the US Audit Services (USAS) team is seen as a critical line of defense for the organization. USAS is comprised of hard-working, highly motivated and skilled professionals who consistently deliver high-quality work in a dynamic environment. The team also promotes a flexible and well-balanced work environment. IT Audit Managers play a consultative role in all phases of the audit. Individuals in this role demonstrate professional curiosity, have a continuous improvement mindset, possess the desire/aptitude to rapidly learn new skills and exemplify the highest degree of trust and integrity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide consultation on IT risk, scoping, testing and control identification for business process audits.
- Lead and execute audits with a focus on business processes and their supporting IT processes, including: system mapping, data flow and interfaces, key report validation, application controls, IT general controls, and supporting IT infrastructure.
- Develop a thorough and comprehensive understanding of the processes, issues, pertinent regulations and control risks associated with assignments.
- Identify control issues, assess the adequacy of controls, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Pursue continuous professional development through company paid internal/external training, certifications and/or continuing education.
- Assist in developing and communicating the objectives of an audit and of other planned services to team members. Identify and communicate each team members’ role in the audit process.
- Execute and review in a timely manner, working papers prepared by project team members for technical accuracy and completeness, as is consistent with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Supervise audit projects including managing their individual time; scheduling and assigning work and monitoring the progress of audit fieldwork; proposing modifications to current procedures to improve audit effectiveness and efficiency; and continuing to learn the economics of the business.
- Prepare walkthrough narratives, flowcharts, and other memos. Documents, conclusions and general background about information technology.
- Clearly articulating the status and results of work performed, both orally and in written form, to internal management and the project client.
- Operate effectively and with minimal supervision, within a team or independently, performing special projects and related duties, as assigned.
- Expected to coach and supervise staff and senior auditors throughout assignments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, MIS, Accounting, or a related discipline with solid academic credentials.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience, with recent experience in consulting, internal audit, compliance or other internal control functions.
- Strong understanding of information technology risks and controls.
- Strong familiarity with common technology, project management, and control assessment frameworks (e.g., ITIL, NIST, and COBIT).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent project execution skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Professional certification (e.g., CISA, CIA, CISSP, CPA, etc.) is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 10% annually, including domestic and limited international travel. Typical travel in this role is 0 to 5% annually.
- Vanguard does not provide sponsorship for this position
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top