Investments Senior Auditor
Within the organization, the Global Investment and Finance Audit Services team is seen as a critical line of defense for the organization. The team is comprised of hard-working, highly motivated, and technically skilled professionals who consistently deliver high-quality work in a dynamic environment. The team also promotes a flexible and well-balanced work environment. Individuals in this role demonstrate professional curiosity, have a continuous improvement mindset, possess the desire/aptitude to rapidly learn new skills and exemplify the highest degree of trust and integrity.
The Investments Senior Auditor would work within the Global Investment and Finance Audit Services team. This team executes projects and audits within the field of investment management and operations, and related supporting functions. Working in Internal Audit will provide you with the opportunity to work with audit teams in operational, financial, regulatory, and informational technology areas, and allow you to participate in cross-divisional projects. The role requires ongoing collaboration with our audit team in London and Melbourne, as well as our key risk partners across the organization. The role offers a great opportunity to learn and apply transferable knowledge (risk and controls) and skills (influence, critical thinking, and relationship management).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts audit interviews to determine the scope of the audit and testing approach. Uses critical analysis and strategic thinking when developing audit programs, focusing on key risks and fraud.
- Leverages audit teams' skill set, experience, and creativity to ensure work is complete, accurate, and timely. Provides meaningful feedback to help develop staff by identifying and communicating areas for improvement in a timely manner.
- Communicates with the business areas and other risk assurance providers to continually improve relationships and proactively manage any possible risk.
- Prepares high-quality audit reports and other audit documentation and provides recommendations to Internal Audit and business management.
- Works collaboratively with the team to anticipate and provide sound solutions to issues.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of constituent business areas, related technology, products, supporting functions, and related risks. Continues to update knowledge of industry standard practices and regulations by leveraging training and conducting research.
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced auditors by training them on Internal Audit processes and methodology as well as business lines and related systems.
- Participates in special projects and additional duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. (BS or BA in a business related field of concentration preferred).
- A minimum of three to five years audit experience.
- Project management skills.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel preferred.
- Progress toward obtaining a professional certification or advanced degree (e.g., CPA, CIA, MBA).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and problem solving skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong client focus/relationship skills.
- Strong time management skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top